What happened to Influx Datum?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by randomusername6, Mar 24, 2012.

1. randomusername6

randomusername6 New Member

Firstly starting off with some of their production, just for the sake of it:

Influx Datum's production captures, what I consider to be the "that" feeling of drum and bass, perfectly. I haven't find anyone that can stand up to them and I think I probably never will. I do not consider myself a drum and bass veteran of any kind, but ID songs are quality. The more I listen to recent dnb the more I keep coming back to these guys. They have that spirit that I seem I can't find anywhere else. Be it drinking, blazing, socializing or just listening to the music alone, ID just fits in. That 20 seconds intro in the third video posted above makes me fall in love everytime I listen to it. God where is this music...

Discogs shows they were active (active as in official releases) only from 2001 to 2003. What happened to them? Anyone around here who also likes ID?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

Influx Datum split up ages ago, i think that was around 2003/2004. Gavin carried on as Influx UK. Released 2 Million & Rising, then made some singles and then stopped himself.

Last message from Influx UK.

"Retired. Adding some more exclusives and other bits to the page! Check out the unreleased 'Hold Me, Love Me' from 2001, and also from 2002 'Number 1 Bass Rocker' which came out on New Identity. We're planning on a 'Best Of Influx' CD with all the good stuff on it. PEACE DOGS" - This was last year. No word since.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Influx-UK/59601790327?sk=wall&filter=2

3. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

Back for moooooar

4. Marcus Alkemist

Marcus Alkemist

Gavin (Influx UK) went one way with Formation and Marco (the other half of Influx Datum) went his own way and from what I can see ended his production career.

The last 'Influx Datum' track was a 2005 redux of the Influx Datum anthem 'Dayz of Glory', titled 'Dayz of Glory 2', though it'd be for what it's worth 'Dayz of Glory (Influx UK Remix)'

5. randomusername6

randomusername6 New Member

Did Marco stop producing completely after the split up? I wonder how his production sounds, solo :)

6. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man