What exactly is a picture disc?

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Never really ordered vynil records before, gonna start soon. But I noticed there are some records which are more expensive but apparently have "picture discs". I presume it's an image on the record itself, but I might be wrong. Am I right?

check this out, its a highly limited picture disc, being released as Volume 4 of D.Bridges Aptitude series

EXIT011.JPG

EXIT011-A.JPG

EXIT011-B.JPG

Here is the write up for the release as well.

Once again Exit Records have gone for the no expense spared, quality over quantity approach for all the vinyl lovers and collectors out there like themselves.

Aptitude Vol. 4 is a 10" picture disk vinyl. It features a die cut hole on the outer sleeve revealing the Instra:mental logo on the innersleeve. The artwork and design has been created by Instra:mental themselves, and reflects the attention to detail and creativity of the music within it. As usual, this Aptitude release will be strictly limited to 1000 individually numbered copies.

They also come with two types of 10" sticker sheets (500 of each) spread over the
1000, All copies are shrink-wrapped to help ensure that they reach you in mint condition. These tracks will never (legally) become available for sale or distribution in digital format, and are deleted on the day of release.

They look the bomb and are usually quite limited, but are laggy and a bitch to see where the grooves are, you just have to know the song really well to know where the breakdowns and stuff are, unless you have hardcore sight.

But does the outside cover actually change for a picture disc, or is it only the disc itself that has a pretty little picture?

Too heavy for me personally, i like a lighter record.

i quite like the weight of picture discs... you can be a bit rougher with them (in the mix) and it doesn't really sound like you're touching it.

saying that, the only picture disc i own is that monkey boy remix.

i quite like the weight of picture discs... you can be a bit rougher with them (in the mix) and it doesn't really sound like you're touching it.

saying that, the only picture disc i own is that monkey boy remix.

True....

I have three:

Busted/0121
Lowdown/The Latter
Rollin' It/Cutie.

All very stunning picture discs (lol), especially the Rollin' It one because it has a chrome wheel spanning across one whole side so when it's spinning around it looks real.

yeah its all personal prefernce init

I myself dont like them, i stay away form pic discs as much as i can, if they have a normal 12" out ill get that

Tech Itch - Rukus is the best pic disc i think ever made! :)

i dont like picture disks.
i tend to set cues on my records so i know where a certain sample is.

but with a picture disk staring at it spinning can make u dizzy

So, from my understanding so far...

A picture disc is exactly the same as regular "12 vynil record, but it has a pretty picture on the disc, and it's heavier...

Also, it may cause Nausea and other side effects

A picture disc is exactly the same as regular "12 vynil record, but it has a pretty picture on the disc, and it's heavier...

And costs more i think too :rolleyes:

hahahahahhahahah.

does anyone else find that some of them can make u dizzy when mixing?.
i suppose i have unique mixing techniques

Back
Top Bottom