What do you want to ask Yanntek about production?

BassGorilla.com

Founder BassGorilla.com
Hey guys,

This Saturday I'll be doing an interview with the one and only Yanntek, who is one of the world's few highly talented ultrafunk drum and bass producers with a number of great releases on Ammunition Recordings.

I'd love to get your thoughts on questions to ask him about his production - is there anything you'd like to know from him if you were to meet him?

I can ask for you and you'll hear his answers on the podcast. Let me know as soon as you see this :)

Cheers,
Luke

I'd like to know what his philosophy is in finding a balance in presence between the drums and bass in a track, both technically and thematically.

Good luck w/ the interview btw. I'll help spread the word (w/ my lousy FB but aye can't hurt).

Too many subgenres... I wish we had a better collective name than EDM so I could use that for everything.

I would ask yanntek who in his opinion is the most underrated artist ever.

Also, if he considers ultrafunk to be a legitimate genre.

After he has made his basic bass patches
What sort of fx chains/vsts etc does he like do go to.... in shaping his sounds?

Good idea, I'll ask him. Next podcast will be out soon with Haywyre, with a surprise gift for you music producers.
OMG
I rate Haywyre so fucking highly. He is a musical beast.
Luke, i need you to squeeze every last drop of information out of him, because he is a diamond mine. He is the pot of gold at the end of the contemporary music production rainbow.

PS, he deserves every ounce of recognition from the Hideous remix, it made Seamless's look like my grandma did it.

Back
Top Bottom