What do you use for Mid/Side EQ

khujo1023

Kind of bummed that Neutron doesn't have a mid/side eq option. I am looking at either Pro-Q or Ozone and wanted to see what the community is using.

Pro Q 2 110%, the interface is like no other!! For mid side processing the pro MB will help you out also, and the Pro-R offers unparalleled reverb control... Not to sound like a Fab Filter rep (Hah, I wish), but their products are seriously good.

I've used ozone and i like it quite a bit. From what I've seen online both are good tools though.

I've got both. Pro Q2 is defo my go to eq. They pretty much do the same thing, but I think with Pro Q2 you get a little bit more control.

For example with ozone you're limited to 8 bands and there isn't a notch option. In terms of mid/side, with Pro Q2 you can directly blend the mid and side levels which I find quite useful. In ozone you can only solo one or the other.

Thanks, I am working to better understand the Passive EQ from NI. I already owned it after purchasing Komplete but am just sucker for the graphic/notch interface vs standard eq knob interface. Its a learning curve but it has the functionality I need and I like the sound.

Back
Top Bottom