What Do You Think Of My D&B Songs?

that one called this it could actually be good i reckon part from that the rest all kinda sound the same?

you're headed in the right direction, these actually sound a lot like my first few tracks. i have to say that all your elements need progress, and your tracks need more sounds/better mixing. but keep it up man, it just takes forever. i've been doing this for four years and the best i can manage is "mediocre"

sounds liek ur still in a raw experimental stage.
like the man above sed it can take a long long while before your beats are hitting the same spot with other people as they are with you.

keep working on it but you will need a longer period for ur sound to really develope.

hello Burnt Toast

sounds like you've tried to do too much at once, some neat ideas poppin around though

try stripping the process right back to basics and focusing on each element.
start with drums, and strip them right down too. analyze and strutinize every part.
focuse on the kick and the snare and maybe a hi hat to begin with, tweak the shit out of them to get good punchy fat sounds. spend some time sourcing the actual samples themselves and only use highest quality ones, this will transpose through the song.
when you got a nice punchy drum set going perhaps look at other elements like cymbals and rides, crashes, bongos, percussion.

i sometimes spend an entire day stuck in 16 bar loop auditioning individual hits just to get the right sounds together and a groove rolling before i even think about bass.

take your time! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom