What do you think about CD releases...

Caustic

SOUNDBOX
Having bonus tracks not on the vinyl release?

I love vinyl and want to keep supporting it, but sometimes it seems like I'm actually getting less for my hard earned cash!??!

I understand it's cheaper for the labels to release on CD or digitally, so they can offer more tracks for less $$, but I find myself continually shafted when it comes to DnB albums.

And now there's a trend to release albums as a series of singles. Whereas before you could get a 5-plate album (sold as a set) for the price of 3-4 singles, now you pay for each plate separately.

end rant.

Yeah I no what you mean. I use Traktor scratch now as well so I can buy vinyl, CD and MP3 (legal I hasten to add lol). This means I can always get the best deal for what im buying. Vinyl will always be best though (y) :cool:

Hate it when there are tunes missing on vinyl. game over vip only on cd.. thats really pissing me of! same with evol intents era of division album. half tunes are missing on vinyl. I use only vinyl and wont buy both..! So many times i hear tunes and have to pray for vinyl release..!
Can understand small labels which cannot release some tunes on vinyl.. Sad, but there is no other way.. But d-style and EI-recs are no small labels. They could if they would want! But everyone should buy both.. BITC***!! All about the money..!:sick:

yeah sure... everyone recommends it, but its way to expensive imo

and for the cd/vinyl thing.. know what u mean caustic. bought crazy world and capoeira vip off the j. majik and wickaman album - but for the price of these 2 vinyls i could have bought the hole 2-cd album with a lot more tracks :/

its definately a matter of cost that an cd album is cheaper than vinyl, but i agree that releasing albums as single-vinyls isnt the right way..

Its not really kickin me, if the djs are sitting only with lapton on stage in future.. Hope that will NEVER EVER happen!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom