what do you mean sponsored by dnbscene?

logikz said:
how did this come about??
Stu fill me in man whats going on.

dnbforum is workin with dnbscene yo make things better for you :)

The main change is the recent topic listing at the bottom of each page.

I was asked to put sponsored by dnbscene on our production forum, but I am wondering what dnbforum will get out of it, we shall see..

stuuu said:
logikz said:
how did this come about??
Stu fill me in man whats going on.

dnbforum is workin with dnbscene yo make things better for you :)

The main change is the recent topic listing at the bottom of each page.

I was asked to put sponsored by dnbscene on our production forum, but I am wondering what dnbforum will get out of it, we shall see..

probarly a whole lot of bullshit post

logikz said:
yes, how exactly will things get better?

Well by havin a dnbscene section at the bottom, if there is a good post on there, you lot won't miss it, because it is listed below. They have a dnbforum section at the bottom of their board, so it works both ways.

I thought it was better to work with the smaller dnb sites as the big ones don't want to know us smaller ones :/ Shame.

Do you lot think it would be better if we were on our own then? I am interested to hear your thoughts.

However, I think the sponsored dnbscene thing can go as dnbforum does not benefit from it at all.

Just to add..

As I have said many-a-time, I like to think the whole dnbforum.com site is a user based site, where the users decide the fate of certain things (that's why I always ask for your opinions and help on dnbforum.com related topics).

:slayer:

The idea of the production forum being sponsored by dnbscene.com was to try and make your users more aware of a site that's completely catered towards amateur and semi-pro drum&bass artists. We've got articles about production and our entire reviewing system is geared to giving advice about production as well as the other elements of music making.

Also, as we are making rapid inroads into the A&R industry and are starting a drum&bass club night in August we felt that it would directly benefit the users of the dnbforum production board to know about those things, as dnbscene can offer services beyond straightforward feedback (such as the opportunity to DJ, get tracks played out and presented to certain big names in the industry - we have links to Adam F and Full Cycle at the moment).

However I can see how you can't identify a completely direct benefit to dnbforum and as such understand you removing the "sponsored by dnbscene.com" tag. Perhaps we should see how the current arrangement works over the coming months and re-assess the situation later on.

I hope you've noticed that there have already been some people posting the same message on both boards, which is at least an indication that traffic is being driven between the sites.

about catered towards dnb artists,
im well aware of what feedback youre offering and i cant see anything beneficial about it. Why would i be interested in hearing what you personally think about my music?

Well, for now, I think the best thing to do is keep the 'Sponsored by dnbscene.com' message off, and leave the dnbscene / dnbforum post exchange at the bottom of the pages.

If anyone wishes to talk about it further, feel free to mail me at stuuu@btopenworld.com -- The reason I decided to do this was to bring more users to this board :)

Peace :slayer:

logikz said:
about catered towards dnb artists,
im well aware of what feedback youre offering and i cant see anything beneficial about it. Why would i be interested in hearing what you personally think about my music?

If you're not interested in getting an opinion, you don't submit to the site. I don't understand the problem there :shake:

Back
Top Bottom