What do you lot think of.....

tenbellys

adam_uk
Final Scratch?????

for those that dont no what it is, watch the craze set at COTT. its a program you use to run on a laptop with a stack of tune on the lappy then you plonk 2 speacial vinyls on the dex then select the tune ya wanna play on the laptop and then select the deck and treat treat that tune as if it was pressed on vinyl. which means ya dont by vinyl

personnally i think if the gets popular drum and bass is doomed

It looks like a nice toy but I have no opinion on it other then that it looks neat.

Originally posted by tenbellys

personnally i think if the gets popular drum and bass is doomed
What's your reasoning behind that? Surely playing a tune off a laptop is no different to playing it off vinyl?

The big advantage of this is that people can finish a tune in the afternoon and play it out in the evening without having to get it pressed etc. And you don't have to carry a ton of vinyl around with you, you could keep a hell of a lot more tunes on a laptop than you could every carry.

Could be a bit embarassing if the thing crashes halfway through your set though :cry:

The major problem with it that I see is that there's fucking uptold D & B internet geeks whose don't contribute to the scene in any way by buying tunes or going out to see DJ's. All they do is sit at home and download stuff of Soulseek which they will then be able to play very easily using Final Skratch.

Re: Re: What do you lot think of.....

Originally posted by V Matt
The major problem with it that I see is that there's fucking uptold D & B internet geeks whose don't contribute to the scene in any way by buying tunes or going out to see DJ's. All they do is sit at home and download stuff of Soulseek which they will then be able to play very easily using Final Skratch.

Yup and this could REALLY fuck up sales if loadsa ppl who "did" buy vinyl started downloading MP3s cos they can play em on Final Scratch...

think about it really, dillinja realeases a tune, gets played a week later by the c, everyone heres it downloads goes to the rave with this shiney new "dub" people. its played to much so the effect where off quicker of the tune. dillinja loses money coz his tune coz rinsed. the record shops loose money coz no one buys vinyl. in the end the producers are gonna sick of making tunes coz they loose money so then they quit

in the end there is not gonna be many tunes getting released so therefore dnb is doomed.

say everyregistered user on this forum downloaded the same mp3 as instead of buying the tune how much they gonna loose??

if this takes off dnb is doomed

Works for me, I'm a poor collage student who shouldn't be buying records anyway. :lol:

so the answer is?? anyone - anyone????

dont let your tunes fall into the hands of the fuckers who
are uploading them as mp3's.

and this is done by?? anyone - anyone???

producers holding their shit down - TIGHT!!

the fightback has started - believe.

i think if Final Scratch starts killing record sales, or anything of that sort.. people will probably start shunning it. one minute you're setting up your laptop in the booth, next thing ya know a brick hits you in the face! :lol:

and it seems like its inevitable that people will start pirating tracks once it comes out!! so once they do, final scratch will begin its slow death.. as expensive and heavy as it may be, vinyl is the only way.

BTW - anyone know if there is any sort delay time between Final Scratch and the pitch adjust on the decks?

yeah but what if people get final scratch and then it kills of record shops for the reason that everyone has it on mp3, then final scratch dies, no one is going to invest a record shop for the same thing happening again....

i shouldnt think where would be any kind of time delay but u must need a pretty intense laptop for the mp3 to be treated like a vinyl coz its gotta constantly access the mp3 then ya gotta think of rewinds and accessing and processing, must be very instense on a the latptop

Back
Top Bottom