What do you do/use that no one else does?

artl

With so many producers out there a lot of tunes that sound very similar.

So what do you do differently than everyone else?

Cheers!

ARTL

Only thing id imagine most people don't have is the old tube compressor I got my hands on. Tbh when mastering it creates more problems sometimes but I like the warmth.

I make my bass by blowing up a ballon and then releasing the air. Thats how I get that phat squelching bass.

Depends on the tune but
I try and use classical and jazz chord progressions.

I don't believe the difference between all the different bassy genres really exists- not sure if that shows or not.

I use glitchy, stutter type effects (not just on breaks)

I only use synthmaster and I do all my sound design from scratch.

And I like to have a little bit of humour and playfulness in my music sometimes.

That's probably too many things...

Last edited:
Depends on the tune but

I don't believe the difference between all the different bassy genres really exists- not sure if that shows or not.

And I like to have a little bit of humour and playfulness in my music sometimes.

Big ups for starting from scratch, I like to make everything myself as well; easiest way to make sound sound the way you want.

I will have to check out SynthMaster.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the tune but

Is there a VST for that stutter effect? I use Logic and only recall seeing that in Ableton.

Well one of the things I do is use a cassette to record my synths. I practically have zero equipment so I make do with what I got. Will have to check out glitch. Thanks for all responses so far guys :)

ARTL

Haha, I think it's to late for that ;)

It just goes to show how timeless the reese is. The wobble got done to max and every which way possible, in the end it's a played out and dead sound that was no life span.

But the reese has never gotten old. Even to the point of jumping from music scene to send. I'll never get sick of hearing a reese.... Never.

It just goes to show how timeless the reese is. The wobble got done to max and every which way possible, in the end it's a played out and dead sound that was no life span.

But the reese has never gotten old. Even to the point of jumping from music scene to send. I'll never get sick of hearing a reese.... Never.

And that's YOUR biased view on a type of sound that is used on many different genres out there.

I'll put it again, in YOUR words:
I'll never get sick of hearing a reese.... Never.

One technique that I start to like more and more is to play with extremely low time settings on delay and assigning it on synths. I am sure somebody does that thing too, as many of things described in this very thread.

And that's YOUR biased view on a type of sound that is used on many different genres out there.

I'll put it again, in YOUR words:

For sure man, musical taste is always down to an opinion of the listener. I ain't bashing dubstep (I own and have made wobble shit) , and I ain't saying all tunes with a reese in it are good. I just think the reese will stand the test of time longer than the wobble.

Back
Top Bottom