DnB What do we think?

I think the piano may be a little too loud but other than that I'm a little stuck. I feel the mix isn't filled out enough so some tips about that will be great. Cheers

Yeah piano is a little too loud. after 32 bars of the drop it was getting a little repetitive, needed a switch up/another sound, not easy to but listen to alot of signal tunes, its another style but he kills it with switch ups. Play some more melodies maybe, drums need to do something else later on aswell, i like filter downs on drums with this sort of style and liquid. I can hear some old dub drum fills happening aswell, just an idea.
keep making music man

Yeah piano is a little too loud. after 32 bars of the drop it was getting a little repetitive, needed a switch up/another sound, not easy to but listen to alot of signal tunes, its another style but he kills it with switch ups. Play some more melodies maybe, drums need to do something else later on aswell, i like filter downs on drums with this sort of style and liquid. I can hear some old dub drum fills happening aswell, just an idea.
keep making music man
Thanks for the response, man! I'll have to give those ideas a go. I'll try and write a little lead piano melody to layer over the top as the track goes on. I'm thinking of chucking a homemade shaker in too. How about that background rain sound I've got? I'm wondering whether that needs to be there especially if there's gonna be a shaker part starting half way through

keep making music man
www.soundcloud.com/ifanmusic/lysergic-acid-3/s-v7ENN How's this?

Thats better now man, though im not sure on a a djs perspective about the stop of the drums in the drop for that long. The initial drop is a bit jumpy doesnt hit tight aswell, im hearing the fill before the drop aswell, worth a try. Maybe try having some sort of movement in the bass at the drop instead of that sine wave sort of bass, like pitch cutoff or reece type, but sometimes that can take away ands it good to have less movement, couldnt tell you if it would work or not without trying it my self. this is my opinion in the end of the day man

Thats better now man, though im not sure on a a djs perspective about the stop of the drums in the drop for that long. The initial drop is a bit jumpy doesnt hit tight aswell, im hearing the fill before the drop aswell, worth a try. Maybe try having some sort of movement in the bass at the drop instead of that sine wave sort of bass, like pitch cutoff or reece type, but sometimes that can take away ands it good to have less movement, couldnt tell you if it would work or not without trying it my self. this is my opinion in the end of the day man

This is the finished version in case you're interested, man!

Back
Top Bottom