what do u guys think of

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
It's not drum step (wtf), or drum and bass step

It's drum and bass sounds at hip hop tempo, or with a hip hop drum arrangement

Please lets not all start thinking this is a new sub-genre of drum and bass, or a new genre of music altogether :rolleyes:

It's not drum step (wtf), or drum and bass step

It's drum and bass sounds at hip hop tempo, or with a hip hop drum arrangement

Please lets not all start thinking this is a new sub-genre of drum and bass, or a new genre of music altogether :rolleyes:
i just wanted to see what people about it there has been alot of buzz

Hate all those videos of people dancing to drum n bass on youtube, which they claim is drum step or whatever. Im glad i have never seen anyone doing that in England.

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
i just wanted to see what people about it there has been alot of buzz
There shouldn't be an "it" though because it's really not that significant, it's not like a mind blowing phenomenon where an absolute musical genius has discovered something for the first time ever, it's just hip-hop tempo!

And because of that you can only really judge each tune on it's own merit, if a producer does a good job and makes it work then the tune is good, if they don't, then it's not good.

Just sounds like people are trying to make a sub-genre out of this which is just bullshit lol Might as well call anything with a "Timewarp / Bodyrock" kinda beat a whole new sub genre as well :rolleyes:

Synx

VIP Junglist
Hazard - Wicked So is pretty crap apart from the drum beat, just standard whiney synths, but I'd be interested to hear what someone else could do with that beat.