What do they all do now?

Trace is still playing man, did that thing at Cable not too long ago for headz or hardware...

Can't remember.

One of my alltime favourite DJ's!

Haven't seen a track from him for a while though, but then again I don't follow d&b releases much these days, so I could be wrong...

Nice to hear he's still about.

And yeah, some of my most cherished sets have been from him. The guy knows how tech things up :antitank:

£400?

for your standard matey i rekon.

Andy C and all them lot go for a k upwards i'd imagine. as has already been said.

MC Flyte (of Fleximus and Flyte fame) is a plasterer.

Levela works for Abbey.

Course all the top boys are in it full time, I wonder what sort of level you've gotta be at to jack in the day job though. It'd be quite a big step.

netsky gets like 2k for a big event, so shouldnt be that hard to save something up. 8 gigs possible in a month => 16k + sales/month. with netskys sales you easily should be able to get 15k a month minimum without any real stress, even if you cant play 8 big events..

so i assume, yeah. enough to hold for retirement.

That's gotta be bollocks. 2k for netsky? That's more than people like Noisia/Spor/Friction get, and nearly as much as Andy C. There's no way I would pay 2k for some guy to show up and mix cds of some fairly average sounding tunes for an hour, even if he is flavor of the month right now.

MC Flyte (of Fleximus and Flyte fame) is a plasterer.

Levela works for Abbey.

Course all the top boys are in it full time, I wonder what sort of level you've gotta be at to jack in the day job though. It'd be quite a big step.

Not overally 'big in the game' I heard Rockwell is making a living from 100% music now so should imagine once you get a steady output of tracks and bookings most weekends you can get by

so how much does your average big name dj get for like a one hour set then?

500€ and as soon as you hit anything in the charts that amount is pretty fast doubled and I don't think that andy plays anywhere for 1k£

Last edited:
DJ's are starting to cost more money than they bring in, as a promoter its starting to get obscene the amount agencies are quoting for their artists, they should honestly be ashamed, people wonder why parts of scenes are dying off its because they can't sustain themselves.

Take 4.5k for roni size for example, his name alone wouldn't bring in that amount back, so why bother booking him?!

hold on so 500 euros if you get in the charts 4.5k for roni size, 2 grand for netsky and a grand for andy c??? some serious bullshittery goin on in this thread i feel

DJ's are starting to cost more money than they bring in, as a promoter its starting to get obscene the amount agencies are quoting for their artists, they should honestly be ashamed, people wonder why parts of scenes are dying off its because they can't sustain themselves.

Take 4.5k for roni size for example, his name alone wouldn't bring in that amount back, so why bother booking him?!

Have you got a source for this information? Maybe when he used to live sets as part of Reprazents but not a chance does he charge that for a dj set

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

hold on so 500 euros if you get in the charts 4.5k for roni size, 2 grand for netsky and a grand for andy c??? some serious bullshittery goin on in this thread i feel

I'd say around £500 for Netsky, £1000 for a hour of Friction, £1500 for Andy for an hour. I'm not a promoter tho I'm just estimating

well you should read before you post. 500€ was the answer to an average dj fee... when you hit the charts you can pretty fast double that amount. I doubt anyone payed 4.5k to roni size, unless A. he didn't care or B. it was on the highest point in his career. Andy is at least 2k, actually I'm pretty sure he's more then that... anyway this is not the point of this thread.

Have you got a source for this information? Maybe when he used to live sets as part of Reprazents but not a chance does he charge that for a dj set

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I'd say around £500 for Netsky, £1000 for a hour of Friction, £1500 for Andy for an hour. I'm not a promoter tho I'm just estimating

mate im not talking shit. netsky cleary gets 2k for the bigger events.

Heard djs at inno in the sun were getting around £400 a set plus a free holiday out of it.

Back
Top Bottom