What do i need to start dj-ing?

That'd start you out ok and youll have some fun with it. Get on over to www.djtechtools.com and pick yourself up a proper midi map for it.

Bear in mind though that this is cheap hardware, it feels cheap. Crappy faders, wobbly pots and im not holding up much hope for those jog wheels.

Buy it, love it, rock it, break it, get something thats credible.

Aside from the controller and a 'copy' of virtual DJ, you also need music. Please buy music, and good quality music at that.

If ur gona spend like 180 quid on that you may aswell spend a little bit more and get some vinyl and turntables! no point learning to mix on that thing , takes the fun out of it if you ask me!

good luck mate!

If ur gona spend like 180 quid on that you may aswell spend a little bit more and get some vinyl and turntables! no point learning to mix on that thing , takes the fun out of it if you ask me!

good luck mate!

True ^

MixTrack is wank. Nice big platters but other than that, not a whole lot going for it. Pitch sliders are shit too, far too loose.

A while back i bought the AA VMS4, best midi controller ive ever used. Dont really use it as a midi controller anymore, just as a mixer for my turntables.
But its the nuts.

You might as well get some cdj100's or something, can get em 2nd hand with a mixer on gumtree or ebay pretty damn cheap.

Spinning your own music takes time, dedication, and a little bit of help from someone who's learned the ropes. Sometimes it's hard to find a clear explanation of everything you need, all in one place, so this is my best shot...Enjoy:

The 8 DJ Tools that I Find Most Useful:
https://www.brilliant.li/p/70a9c2f1

If you've got ~£250 get a standard mixtrack and a Kontrol X1, I've just upgraded from a mixtrack to an s4 so I've now got full 4deck functionality. I'd get the mixtrack then if you like mixing and you learn the ropes go for the S4

time, money, persistence & the will never to give up when it gets too difficult or too much.

But more importantly you need to love music! then whatever happens you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom