What decks to get, fully digital or CDJ's?

SebJ

Hey,

Its time for me to get some new decks, currently using some s**t Gemini's that I've been mixing on for about 15 years, and I've given up on them. Its time to go digital, as much as I love using vinyl they're too expensive compared to MP3's, and I'd like to get used to some CDJ's and get out n get some gigs.

Having a bit of a dilemma of what to get, it's either get a Pioneer CDJ350 + DJM350 package, or I was debating the XDJ-AERO; and go fully digital.

What are peoples thoughts? I'm really leaning towards the 350's...

Any other packages worth bearing in mind for the same price as the 350's? (Can get them for £1370).

Cheers!

Seb.

(Apologies if this is a repeat post, the search on this website is fucked).

Get the pioneers mate, will be much easier if you're planning on playing out

Even for home the pioneers will last for ages too, so a good investment even if you dont wana play out (y)

Cheers for the replys guys! I thought that might be the response... definitely hoping on playing out! It's been a while since I have... I need to find somewhere round cheshire or manchester for a cheeky set!

Anyone here used the CDJ350's?

As said before, definitely the pioneers. You're not gonna want to bring your laptop and controller when all you really need to bring is your headphones and CDs (sometimes a USB stick nowadays!).

I haven't used the 350s, as far as I know they are the most basic digitalised setup that pioneer do atm, with rekordbox, usb compatibility etc. Personally I would go for the 800 MK2s or if you can afford the 850s.

I'd love to get the 850's... it's being able to play from USB that makes me wanna get the 350's, or the 850's... but the 850's are damn expensive unless you get them second hand.

I'd love to get the 850's... it's being able to play from USB that makes me wanna get the 350's, or the 850's... but the 850's are damn expensive unless you get them second hand.

Tbh, i would go for second hand 850's. As long as you check them out before you hand your dolla over id say its probably your best bet if you can afford them.

(Can grab me a pair as well if you can afford it ;D)

Also, look at the package with the DJM250 you'll save a fair bit of money and has XLR outputs and filters.

Or (and i know i mention them so much it probably seems like i work for them), check out djfinance and get EXACTLY what you know you want....2x cdj1000's and a xone 92 :D

Cheers for the replys guys! I thought that might be the response... definitely hoping on playing out! It's been a while since I have... I need to find somewhere round cheshire or manchester for a cheeky set!

Anyone here used the CDJ350's?

I have sick little decks. After playing on 400s I thought I hated all decks with a small jog wheel, but I've been using 350's at my mates recently, solid decks, and jog wheel works properly lol.

- I'm bidding for some 800mk2's at the moment, best value for money deck imo.

Last edited:
Or (and i know i mention them so much it probably seems like i work for them), check out djfinance and get EXACTLY what you know you want....2x cdj1000's and a xone 92 :D

I'm gonna be getting them through DJ finance anyway. Seems like their the best place for getting some through finance... a set of CDJ/DJM350's, for like 50 quid a month. It's hard to say no!

I have sick little decks. After playing on 400s I thought I hated all decks with a small jog wheel, but I've been using 350's at my mates recently, solid decks, and jog wheel works properly lol.

- I'm bidding for some 800mk2's at the moment, best value for money deck imo.

Nice, sounds like their good then!

I'm gonna be getting them through DJ finance anyway. Seems like their the best place for getting some through finance... a set of CDJ/DJM350's, for like 50 quid a month. It's hard to say no!

Yeah i got serato SL4 and a xone92, interest free over 2 years, paying back like £60 a month. Loving it.

Back
Top Bottom