What deck should i buy?

So you want the pioneer? They look good, but earlier said you don't want other branded decks because they are technics rip offs?

And it's the truth buddy. Every deck is based upon the 1210. But I chose the Pioneer because they are basically a modern version of the 1210 and come with good reviews. Plus it will go with the rest of my setup :2thumbs:

Now I'm looking for some good Concords if you can recomend any ?

Now I'm looking for some good Concords if you can recomend any ?

Personally dude, I can't recommend concords. I have little experience with them. I don't know what it is, I just hate them. They look like a cheap spoiler on a Rolls Royce IMO. Others swear by them, but I like girls.

I can recommend Shure M447 but hey, they don't make them anymore. Although there is a company called Jico who sell some superb replacement N447 stylus. If you can get a suitable cart that is.

Whatever you get, don't scrimp. Get some good ones and ffs set you TTs up properly to prolong their life and your records.
Viperfrank on youtube is a don. Follow his advice and you'll be golden.

Last edited:
Personally dude, I can't recommend concords. I have little experience with them. I don't know what it is, I just hate them. They look like a cheap spoiler on a Rolls Royce IMO. Others swear by them, but I like girls.

I can recommend Shure M447 but hey, they don't make them anymore. Although there is a company called Jico who sell some superb replacement N447 stylus. If you can get a suitable cart that is.

Whatever you get, don't scrimp. Get some good ones and ffs set you TTs up properly to prolong their life and your records.
Viperfrank on youtube is a don. Follow his advice and you'll be golden.

Cool I will have a look. I always preferred the needle heavy on the record but later found it's really not ideal for your records. When you hear someone start up a track and theres major crackle that sometimes the case, a heavy tone arm lol

I'm excited eeeekkk

vinyls dead bruv...

104492169_10157656820174737_5594050739698748949_o222222222.jpg

@Teddy

Found that Shure m44-7 cartridge for 45 Euro. Didn't say anything about having a technics headshell. Is that one fine for my 1210? Based on the pictures, I would guess so, but I've wanted to ask to be sure.

At the moment I have ortofon concordes...

Yeah it'll be fine to attach to most head shells mate.
But keep in mind you can't get an official replacement stylus for them anymore.

Some places are selling replacements but they are generic crap so steer clear.
There's a company called Jico that sell decent quality replacements https://www.jico-stylus.com/product/n44-7/
$40 plus import taxes tho :(

Yeah it'll be fine to attach to most head shells mate.
But keep in mind you can't get an official replacement stylus for them anymore.

Some places are selling replacements but they are generic crap so steer clear.
There's a company called Jico that sell decent quality replacements https://www.jico-stylus.com/product/n44-7/
$40 plus import taxes tho :(

Thanks, Teddy. I appreciate the help. I've looked into the Jico replacements. After some research, I've found that alot of people are recommending them for the Shure cartridge. Sucks, that it is so expensive, but it is, what it is...

That's disappointing to hear. I heard good things about them.
Oh well.. I have one original stylus left.. then I'm fooked.

That's sad. In other places, people are raving about them. Fuck

I've spend ages trying to get them set up correctly & they still skip a fair bit when cue'ing a track. I've had to change my mixing style, which is annoying. The Concorde's are usually fine in that department.

I think there's a pair of high end Concorde's that work will with vinyl. I might have to invest.

Back
Top Bottom