What bpm do you like to spin your tunes at?

Blak_Lotus

I personally like to spin a little faster than average 177 bpm (90). Gives it that hypnotizing effect if done correctly with the right track selection. What do you all prefer?

I think everyone is misunderstanding my post or maybe I should have worded it better. I spin both vinyl and on CDJs....I guess what I should have written instead is "If and when you play on CDJ's, what bpm do you like to spin it at?"

Didn't think the post would attract so many assholes. But whatever! :)

When I mix on vinyl I like to keep the pitch around +2 or 3. When I play on CDJ's I pay less attention to the pitch and look at the counter and it's usually around 88/176 bpm.

yeah 176 here, unless it's like 3am and everybody else has been playing fast then i may roll 180 but don't really like doing it

168-171 max. Anything faster than that and you lose the funk when you play anything that isn't a simple two step.

178 - just sits right for me - these days the fastest tunes I buy are this speed, so I pitch everything up to this speed - about 10+ years ago it was nearer 180 as the fastest tunes were then - Jonny L, Danny C/Twisted Anger, some jungle etc. Also this tempo is ideal for my running stride ;))

Always start a mix at + 2 on the pitch just out of habit and fear of being stuck on 0 (I don't trust the way it clicks). During the mix, this may change depending on mood/cocaine levels/genre.

Sometimes if i get really carried away it can end up being a lot faster. There have been occasions where I'm on 6+ and running out of pitch to mix the next track in so I have to take a long hard look at myself in the mirror and ask 'what the fuck am I doing?' and try the bring the music down to normal speed.

Not sure if there is anything particularly hypnotizing about it though, mate?!

Back
Top Bottom