What bpm do you like to spin your tunes at?

why did that happen? Master tempo makes mixing faster sound closer to the original pitch

think its because when I mixed on vinyl I always pitched up - so in comparison having it sound closer to its master pitch sounds a bit slower to me.!

I personally like to spin a little faster than average 177 bpm (90). Gives it that hypnotizing effect if done correctly with the right track selection. What do you all prefer?
Ahh I met this person just a couple months ago. She is a awesome dj too. I think what she is curious about, dose anybody pitch up their tracks throughout the whole set? In my experience it seems to be a Baltimore thing, and it was the way I learned spin records way back in the day. Sorry @Blak_Lotus for my comment earlier, I mistook you question.:oops:

A little proof of sincerity.^^^^^

Oh hey whaddup mister IV4! Small fucking world mate.
Also its okay. I'm a chick on a male dominated forum. Its to be expected ;)
Don't worry about, most people thought you were an alias of some other fourm member. When they find out you are real they will go head over heels for you. My advice is to make fun of them.
Hey have you met @Derelicts Of Tomorrow yet? He is in Frederick too, he also dose radio show like you do. You guys should chat.

Oh wow really? That's strange. Nope I'm totally real and myself.

And yes! I sent him a message awhile back on here saying hi. I've met him a few times in passing but its been awhile.
He just had a baby so it's hard for him to get out, but this is great way to keep in contact and share ideas. I think he just started of is trying to start a new show. Also, check out the production side of the fourm, a lot of cool information in that section.

nope, don't pitch up during my set like you have described. what's the thought behind that? make people shuffle their feet faster lol?

doesn't make much sense to me but it is interesting

I start from whatever my first song is, be it 172 or 174, but over the mix progression and as time goes on, I'll speed it up slowly to 176. Sometimes with the right tracks i can go a little higher, but despite the change being so minimal, I like to mix aggressively, so that slight change in BPM over the course of the mix just adds that effect to it. For me when i notice it in a set out, for example Ekko & Sidetracks set at Bar1 (Perth, Western Australia) in the recent month, I noticed them doing it and it just made the vibes so much stronger. But it's pretty debatable if it does much. Also to mention i personally only mix neruo and listen to neuro most of the time, so hard to say if this changes much in other sub genres

I start from whatever my first song is, be it 172 or 174, but over the mix progression and as time goes on, I'll speed it up slowly to 176. Sometimes with the right tracks i can go a little higher, but despite the change being so minimal, I like to mix aggressively, so that slight change in BPM over the course of the mix just adds that effect to it. For me when i notice it in a set out, for example Ekko & Sidetracks set at Bar1 (Perth, Western Australia) in the recent month, I noticed them doing it and it just made the vibes so much stronger. But it's pretty debatable if it does much. Also to mention i personally only mix neruo and listen to neuro most of the time, so hard to say if this changes much in other sub genres

Have you tried not kissing men?

How do you notice someone pitching up one bpm at a time? I could barely notice while doing it myself

wateva speed brings the fire

hzwJI5Z.gif

Back
Top Bottom