What Are The Three Best Albums Dnb Or None Dnb Ever

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
this is for my magazine/online book being created at the mo what are your best albums ever and why (which song/tune etc)

mine are:

wu tang 36 chambers (amazing album y'all no why , best tune is cream)
leftfield leftism (now thats real bass y no all the tunes are bad )
prodigy experience (i no they are shit now but y'no they were bad back then... im gonna send you to outta space to find another race)

i just noticed if you sombine all three albums torether you get someting that sonds a bit like tech itch or summin , maybe pressure drop?

Righty-ho... My Top 3 non-dnb albums...

Outkast - Aquemini
Easily the the most groundbreaking album, shrugging the fly-life associated with hip hop, an proving hip hop is about music, not about how fat your pocket is.
[standout joints - Rosa Parks, Skew it on the Bar-B, Sythersizer, Da art of storytellin (pt 2), Chonkyfire]

Xzibit - 40 days & 40 nights
True dark hip-hop without having to cater for a commercial market, this is story-like classic tunes and epic beat production. Xzibit shines like a beacon on this compared to his later work.
[standout joints - What you see is what you get, Los Ageles times, 3 card molly, Chamber Music]

R.H.C.P. - Californication
True emotion-evoking music for every mood you could get yourself into.
Riff-packed, and vocally encapturing - Absolutley love this album!!
[standout tracks - Scar tissue, Around the world, otherside, Parallel universe, Californication, road trippin]

These are jus the albums ive played to death, wired them up to the National grid & bought them back from the dead...jus to play them again an again an again....

2pac_all eyez on me/
Dara_from here to there/
ATCQ_midnight merauders...
yup.. the trip reps any cd but that is my fav..

Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation
preferred this one to experience - standout tracks - Claustrophobic sting, no good

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Absolutely fuckin love this - Teardrop, Angel

Cant decide on the third one - possible sneaker pimps but i cant rememebr the name of the album or any of the tunes on it :monkey:

My three fave non-dnb albums are:

Portishead - Dummy
Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
Incubus - Make Yourself

mines weird

first of all, gonna go for "brand new, second hand" by roots manuva, mainly for the great lyrical content, and killa beats, but it also signalled the comin of british hiphop as something other than shite hanging out in council estates in hackney.

second i'm agreeing affliction on "music for the jilted generation", personally i prefer this to "experience" cos it took the prodigy on to a different level of production, experience was a lot more gritty, but "jilted" had some of my fave produced dance tunes ever (see "no good", "one love", "break n enter")

finally, i'm not sure if it counts, but Jehst's first EP "premonitions" because the lyrical content in it blows anything else i've ever heard away, and it was created with some reaaaally beat down equipment but it still smashes it on all fronts (see "fist of the north star", "silver lining")

The Offspring - Americana
Dr Dre - The Chronic :)
Redman - Malpractice (only album i can remember buying - rather than downloading)

Acen "75 Minutes"
Prodigy "Experience"
Public Enemy "Fear of a Black Planet"

jay walker said:
Righty-ho... My Top 3 non-dnb albums...

Outkast - Aquemini
Easily the the most groundbreaking album, shrugging the fly-life associated with hip hop, an proving hip hop is about music, not about how fat your pocket is.
[standout joints - Rosa Parks, Skew it on the Bar-B, Sythersizer, Da art of storytellin (pt 2), Chonkyfire]

I love that one track with the horns, the real slow one. Where Dre is just talkin' about the club.

That track hooked me on Outkast.

Based on the ones I own..

Dj Shadow- Endtroducing... (the best one I have)
Wagon Christ- Tally Ho!
Talib Kweli- Reflection Eternal
Mr. Scruff- Keep It Unreal (ok 4 albums, so kill me)

Last edited:
BIG UP 1992 !! :dynamite:
PE- Fear of a Black Planet
Stone Roses-first album
Primus - Suck On This

1) Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole - 1998 (By Far The Greatest)
2) Oasis - (Whats The Story) Morning Glory? - 1995? :2thumbs:
3) Kaleidoscópio - Tem Que Valer - 2003

metalheadz - platinum breakz I
ganja kru - darklight
total science - jah sessions

or

the strokes - is this it
ATCQ - hits rarities and remixes
Dan the Automator and Prince Paul - Handsome boy modeling school

Metalheadz - Platinum Breakz 1
Paul Weller - Stanley Road
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

Weird selection eh? :D Could go on forever!

No time for messin here, so:

Jeff Buckley - Grace (beautiful songs, tragic yet positive)
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (the sounds of summer)
Radiohead - The Bends (songs that move / inspire/ depress me hugely)

LTJ Buken presents - Logical Progression (Vol. 1)

4 there - whatcha gonna do.

i dunno about anyone else, but i find it really refreshing to find most people's top 3 NOT containing drum and bass artists.
It's important to keep your mind open and fresh when it comes to music, give props to where the scene's evolved from but to be forward thinking as well.

Anywayz, nice one, top one, sound.

aight. this is my first post making me a nOOb. hub. anywayz, i only have 2 'best albums in the world ever' at the moment but when i think of the third and it's not time to catch the bus from work then i'll add another one...

leftism - leftfield
middle of nowhere - orbital

pretty mad...there is a proper diverse selection here .

nice one!

i was wondering what wpould come out of this but it seems that people like lots of things as well as dnb so why is it dnb we love the most? (generally speeking)

oh yeah and i cant believe i forgot the streets and dj shadow!!! doh!

Back
Top Bottom