What are the most useful Waves plugins?

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Been meaning to write this for a while cos I got the all of the Waves plugins but as there is soooo many I have no idea which are the most useful ones and which ones aren't worth looking at.

PAZ Analyser is the one Ive been using to see stereo spread but ovi could be using more.

Cheers fuckers! x

depends what you need really, the Compressor is good, although a bit of a pain in the arse for Sidechaining, L2 is good aswell, Q10 is worth having, a great EQ but you have to be careful with the resonance, what DAW are you using? if ableton, then i wouldnt bother with WAVES personally. Doppler is fun too

Presuming you've bought the Mercury Bundle (which has soooo many plug-ins), I would have thought you'd have had some idea of what you were buying into. Considering you've spent somewhere in the region of £2,500 to just use a frequency analyzer - of which Logic Multimeter is more than capable of displaying the same results - it seems a little wasteful and short sited.

Perhaps you should have done some more research before buying, or spent the money more wisely. But seeing as you've made you purchase - I suggest RTFM, it seems the most logical course of action.

Presuming you've bought the Mercury Bundle (which has soooo many plug-ins), I would have thought you'd have had some idea of what you were buying into. Considering you've spent somewhere in the region of £2,500 to just use a frequency analyzer - of which Logic Multimeter is more than capable of displaying the same results - it seems a little wasteful and short sited.

Perhaps you should have done some more research before buying, or spent the money more wisely. But seeing as you've made you purchase - I suggest RTFM, it seems the most logical course of action.

sorry mate i dont need your analysis of how or why I brought them really but thank for the useful 4 letters (y) might aswell delete that wasteman post.

i know people bigged up L2 and L3 for aaages, they were said to be the best limiters around. the REQ equalisers are really transparent and they can be automated as well making them cleany clean filters if you get the shelf. the pitch shifters are mad but i rarely find a use for them. the Rverb and there is another one as well are processor hogs but they really are great reverbs if you know your way around the knobs. there is also an impulse based reverb with is great. mondomod is an awesome ringmod but its pretty unstable so to be safe, id use that one for offline processing. c2 is a super transparent compressor, also available with gate, c4 is their multiband compressor which is awesome if you know what youre doing, which most people dont when it comes to multiband compression.

so thats an old waves bundle which became industry standard back in like 2001 or something, i got to work with these at a studio i was fortunate enough to get access to for a while.

also, on a sidenote, you know how much alike the two of you look in the face? i thought muzzas post was riisu when is saw the pictures.

sorry mate i dont need your analysis of how or why I brought them really but thank for the useful 4 letters (y) might aswell delete that wasteman post.

Cheer up buttercup! Life ain't so bad!

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Linear Broadband EQ is possibly the best EQ I've come across in terms of clarity and unharshness. You can literally boost 12db around 12k and has such a lovely subtle lift it's just what you need in some cases. Idea for vocals.
SSL Channel EQ for character.
PuigChild for character.
PuigTec as well.
R Comp, standardly.
R Verb is cool, nice customisability, sometimes I just use it for a certain part of reverb. There are better reverbs out there though.
Doubler gets cained.
C1 Gate is really user friendly and use it loads.
L2+L3 are good yeah, although it's using the right one for the job I find (as with everything) There are better limiters out there, although they're too hungry. These are good work horses I find for bus's and stuff. L1 is even handy in some situations.
C4 is a mint multiband.

Loads of others though too.

Best things is to really go through each and every one and just see what it looks like and is about. Best way to understand what's available and make sense of them.

*Cough* Yeah... Bought

lovin the compressors/limiters

the pitch shifters are nice for beastly/dark vocals and stuff like that. fx etc.

dont like the reverbs.. PAZ is very nice, q10 an ease to use.

just check em out id say aswell!

Back
Top Bottom