what are the instrument used by badcompany and other "big head"...

hamilton

First I want to say that I'm french so excusemy english...

I would like to find a website where is there a list of the synth sampleur and other instruments used by drum'n' bass compositor....

for example I would like to now wich synth are use by stakka skynet...

Is more than just synth's mate!!!!!!!!

They'll probably move this thread to production but anyway.....

A drum and bass producers main weapon is a computer. It seems you already have one as you have posted this thread. Everything you need to make a tune can be put onto computer. Altough it is best to have a few outbaord bit's of equipment that you use a lot (e.g. equalisers, keyboards, samplers, etc) otherwise eq'ing with a mouse or trying to get a nice riff without the aid of a keyboard can be quite hard!!

All the effects you could ever want are on software package's, at the present time i'm learning how to use Reason which is a wicked program designed by the Propeller Heads. Some software other producer's use are as follows: Cubase(Lots of different versions), Fruity Loops, Cakewalk, Reason, other's I can't remember the name of!!

When you have a fast enough computer and a few program's you can link up a Midi Keyboard(provided you have a good enough sound card) to the computer and that can be used as a physical means of controlling the sound. Don't just limit the keyboard to melody's and riff's it can be used as a mini drum machine as well!!!

One you've achieved this you'll be able to synthisize noise's on your computer using the keyboard. However if you would rather an external synth look for something with KORG written on it and you can't go wrong!!!! However I would say that these days you'd be pretty silly to just use external synth's and not to take advantage of the computer, especially seeing as you've got one.

Hope this answers some of your question!!!! There's alot more the other's on the forum could tell you as they've got a lot more knowledge on production than me because i've only just started getting into production as well!!!!

Bon producterre

thx MC motion

but It was more out of curiosity that I asked this question...

I know all software you have talking about, I already use reason and cubase and I possess a novation synth (superbass station)

thanks another time for your answer...

A silly question...do you toast?(I'm not sure about the meaning of the word toast in english...for me it's mean singing/rap on hard jungle beat)

read you later

Yeah I 'toasted' for a couple of year's but all my love is in production and dj'ing now. The word toasting is probably one of the reason's I don't MC anymore!!

Mcing has got a lot of bad vibes now man, its all attitude and no talent (not every MC but more than I care to compete with). Toasting is when the MC is letting rip.......HARD! God know's why its called this but I think it probably originated as a patois saying or something. A lot of MC's seem to think when your 'toasting' the mic your trying to 'test' the other MC's 'style', thus leading to 'battles'.

Personally I think these 'battles' can be good cos your always trying to better your 'style' and better the 'nexman's' 'style' so therefore only good, fresh, original freestyle lyric's come through, which is cool........to a certain extent. Most MC's deem it neccesary to start 'cussing' the other MC(mainly down to lack of originality), which also can be light hearted and fun but as long as it doesn't go over the top. Then MC's start taking the 'cussing' off the stage and start to spread rumours and shit so when your next on they can make a new lyric up about that rumour.

Childish pricks............as you can probably tell this happened to me!!!!!!!!

I used to spend a lot of time writing lyric's and i'd always chat about the music, never the drug's(maybe a few references to weed), women, cars, designer labels, etc, etc. This didn't mean I did an IC3 and just shouted the DJ's name and called for rewinds! I learned the golden rule's of being a DJ's MC(without the DJ there aint the MC) and I always gave the mix time to breath. However the sad truth and reality is the mass general public prefer attitude and upfront stage presense to on topics lyrics that slide in the set like i'm not really there. My main issue was to mould into the tune and make it sound like my lyric was made onto the original press!! Not whether the crowd wants a rewind or that 'nexmans' mum smells of crabs.

Sorry bout the lecture but it's a subject i've been wanting to get off my chest for a long time and i'm glad I did!
Long live D'N'B and lets hope this dissing culture will stay with Hip-Hop and let D'N'B make its own gimmick (producer's dissing!!!!!!!:)jokestep:))

Also as your French I took the time to '' slang words you may not understand:
'Toasting'=Patois for exceeding your normal level of expectations
'Test'=Somebody who try's to MC better than the other MC as to make him jealous of his 'style'(see below)
'Style'=For most MC's this means how fast can he spit his lyrics, for me it mean's lyric's, trained voice,speed,delivery,knowledge of tune's,aknowledging the DJ and giving him space to mix,etc,etc.
'Battle'=When an MC starts to freestyle a cuss and the other retalliates with a similar cuss and so on and on and on and on until theve cussed eveything in sight!
'Nexman'=The MC to your right or left(or maybe he's behind you!)
'Cussing'=When an MC creates a lyric about another MC in a derogatry fashion. can also be done off stage!

This is sad and nerdy :typing: :fuckinpc: so i'm gonna stop talking now as this is probably the longest i've ever written a post!!!

Hope I didn't bore you too much :weirdo:

Hi MC Motion

I tried to understand all you said...

So you say that there is a sort of bad competion betwen MC, wich don't hesitate to spit (with lyrics) on other MC to win a "virtual contest"!!

I didn't heard about that, it's so dumb. For me music is more a passion, a way to exprime my feeling than a stupid competition where there isn't winner...

you also said that you was a MC is that possible that you send me an acapella lyrics of you, it's just to make a track with it... it's just for my pleasure and not for commercial goal...

I reassure you, you wasn't boring,on the contrary

Yeah might be able to sort something out on the acapella front,

The only problem is getting a good enough recording for you to sample..............i'll see what I can do!

Back
Top Bottom