What am i allowed to post on my Website

Illskillz

Un1ty
I know i cant put Music on my Website which is Copyrighted. But i make a mixtape with Vinyl i bought, can i post those on my Website then?? or will i get busted

You can put a mix up as long as it doesn't have someone's dubs that they don't want you to play

That's not strictly true.

The law is complex on this matter and you can't be certain either way. People from RIAA will call you pirate if you put up 3 seconds of a 3 deck mix. Some of their opponents will cry fair use on 8 minutes of an unmixed track (like a John Digwood set)

Stick up a lower quality mix (say 128 kps), don't sell it and you should be fine, nobody is going to really go after you.

As far as I can see as long as you are not selling the mix, passing off other peoples work as your own or using unreleased stuff ripped from the net then there shouldnt be a problem.

BTW Serum picked up your 12 on the weekend its really good.

Illskillz said:
so e.g. i have to ask every single artist of a tune if i can mix his/her track??
No because every tune isn't a dub is it, unless it's a 100% dubs mix.

If it's full release or promo I doubt they'll mind you putting it in a mix and posting it, plenty of people do that, as you're promoting them in a way as long as you provide a tracklist

crs-1 said:
As far as I can see as long as you are not selling the mix, passing off other peoples work as your own or using unreleased stuff ripped from the net then there shouldnt be a problem.

BTW Serum picked up your 12 on the weekend its really good.
Ta very much mang

if youve bought the vinyl, you can put it on your website no worries, or if you have to ok to be playin someones dubs, then again-go for it. you just cant play dubs that you arent allowed to play. people do it, but i rekon its wrong, show some respect to the artists. playin vinyl you have bought is showing respect, as you have supported them by buying it, so rinse it selekta

http://skeyemountain.com

thats my webby, i have many mixes on there

:finger2:

Back
Top Bottom