Well well, its nearly the end of the year......

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
So its late in the year, and its bound to be asked sooner or later.
Best tune of the year?
Best album of the year?
Top producer(s) of the year?
Best newcomers of the year?

Whadya think?

Very tough competition for each category. I can't really single anything out other than a best album. And that award would have to go to the Welcome to Violence LP. Anyone who deems it "rubbish" is into DnB for all the wrong reasons if you asked me.

Best tune of the year - Break & Hydro - Immaculate
Best album of the year - Black Sun Empire - Driving Insane (Statis, need I say more)
Top producer(s) of the year - Break
Best newcomers of the year - Chase & Status

Indi said:
So its late in the year, and its bound to be asked sooner or later.
Best tune of the year?
Best album of the year?
Top producer(s) of the year?
Best newcomers of the year?

Whadya think?

well ya bastard, since I was gunna do this in Dec.. haha :P

1. Singapore Sling - Blueskin
2. Welcome to Violence
3. Probably Pendulum or D.Kay
4. CPF!!!!

Last edited:
1) Pendulum feat. Fresh - Tarantula
2) Influx UK - 2 Million & Rising
3) Calibre
4) Duo Infernale

Last edited:
how clueless am i

I really like Digital, Nat Claxon and Bongo Chili - Gangstas Life, but i dont know about best tune.
Best album of the year is Welcome to Violence and best newcomer of the year is Serum for his extensive work with cum soaked leaks but i draw a complete blank on the rest of the categories.

Best tune of the year - Spor - Dreadnaught
Best album of the year - Us Against the World
Top producer(s) of the year - Counterstrike
Best newcomers of the year - Chase & Status

let's see, some other good tunes/artists/albums that might have been missed (or talked about less than others) this year..

Duo Infernale - Positive Vibes
Seba, Paradox and Manos - Last Goodbye
Phoneheads - Buddy Language (album)
Liquid V album.. cmon guys! :love:

The Upbeats are about as new as Chase and Status.. haven't heard much about them lately, even tho they have torn this year apart
(Noisia and Upbeats - Sacrifice is deadly business!)

Nightwalker's been good this year, as well as Spor, who came out of nowhere and kicked ass all over.

Like I said, these were probably mentioned before, but I have seen them all mentioned tons less than let's say Pendulum, Calibre, and Logistics tunes. Good year for DnB tho.. just way too many good things to mention IMO

seeing as Indi completely jumped the gun on this I am reviving the question, with the annoying addtion of not giving my answer yet, cos I wanna see what teh cool people think.

Best tune of the year?
  • Chase & Status - 'Love's Theme' or
  • Shy FX - 'Feelings' or
  • Subfocus - 'X-Ray' or
  • Chase & Status - 'Duppy Man'
Best album of the year? BSE - 'Driving Insane' or BSE - 'Cruel & Unusual'
Top producer(s) of the year? Pendulum or Noisia
Best newcomers of the year? Noisia or Limewax

Red Eye top 50 of 2005

Best tune of the year? - Tarantula.
Best album of the year? - Hold your colour.
Top producer(s) of the year? - Still Photek.
Best newcomers of the year? - Chase & Status.

hmmm... well i dont get how you guys can pick newcomer of the year "chase & status"? :sadbana:

those boys have releases going back to the year 2003, or is this soemthing like "who made really big releases in 2005 but has a back catalogue from 1995?"

GreenBoy said:
hmmm... well i dont get how you guys can pick newcomer of the year "chase & status"? :sadbana:

those boys have releases going back to the year 2003, or is this soemthing like "who made really big releases in 2005 but has a back catalogue from 1995?"
According to Rolldabeats they've had one release in 2003 on Bingo, which was 'Wise Up' original, wasn't that Breaks?

Their 2004 releases were few, '20/20' remix, 'Rowdy Time', and a release on a small label called 'Kreative Mindz'.

Other than the above, all of their releases were in 2005, which includes many big tunes and anthems. I think it's safe to call them a newcomer during 2005, considering 2005 is the year they've made it big.

Best tune of the year - 'Tuning' by DKay and Dj Lee
Best album of the year - Pendulum
Top producer of the year - Tactile
Best newcomers of the year - TC - I know he's been round since 02, but broke thru this year majorly. love the warhead rmx

Back
Top Bottom