Well known tune from 96

Discussion in 'Tune ID's' started by Dizeee, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Dizeee

Dizeee New Member

Fairly well known anyway, but no idea what it is and haven't heard it for years...

Starts off with a long spooky intro with a jump up beat, along with a woman/women screaming in the background... eventually just before the drop it all dies down to silence and a male voice says twice, "Control".... and then "Cooonnnttrrroollll" before the drop, which is a wavy bassline to a jump up beat (The bassline sounds vaguely similar to that found in 'bad ass' or 'I'm an everyday junglist/fight for survival')

Dying to know what it is... intro always sounded way ahead of it's time.

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

You sure Its not Aphrodite - Bad Ass your thinking of?

3. A-JAY

A-JAY Active Member

might be the remix of badass mate

4. vitus

vitus Active Member

Beyond Reality - Control - Runninz

5. Dizeee

Dizeee New Member

No no no - seriously no, it is not bad ass or aphrodite or anything like that - just youtube'd Beyond Reality and Control Runninz - it throws up exactly the right era and related tunes - it may be ths - unmistakeable tune - I know bad ass very well, and I don't like it as to me it is a commercial / typical chavvy drum and bass tune - the one Im thinking off is a serious underground affair - but well known in these circles - or at least should be.

But no link for that title - Control by Runninz.

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

Looking at the Runninz tunes - they seem 94 - 95. It may be a later realease as I know nothing about Runninz but the clue is in the "control bit". You can't mistake that - its total silence and the just before drop you get - "Control. Control. Cooonnnttrroollll . -DROP

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

It was exactly this era : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_aP5KnTh0 (Reach Out / Tru Playaz)

I think I heard it mixed in with this tune at some point, It never featured on a tape pack but did numerous times on pirate radio.

6. vitus

vitus Active Member

Here's a sample of Beyond Reality - Control:
    http://www.soundbytesrecords.com/sounds/15567-1.mp3

7. Dizeee

Dizeee New Member

YES THATS IT!!! I need this tune - but it is not on youtube! Awesome track!