Well known tune from 96

Dizeee

Fairly well known anyway, but no idea what it is and haven't heard it for years...

Starts off with a long spooky intro with a jump up beat, along with a woman/women screaming in the background... eventually just before the drop it all dies down to silence and a male voice says twice, "Control".... and then "Cooonnnttrrroollll" before the drop, which is a wavy bassline to a jump up beat (The bassline sounds vaguely similar to that found in 'bad ass' or 'I'm an everyday junglist/fight for survival')

Dying to know what it is... intro always sounded way ahead of it's time.

Dizeee

No no no - seriously no, it is not bad ass or aphrodite or anything like that - just youtube'd Beyond Reality and Control Runninz - it throws up exactly the right era and related tunes - it may be ths - unmistakeable tune - I know bad ass very well, and I don't like it as to me it is a commercial / typical chavvy drum and bass tune - the one Im thinking off is a serious underground affair - but well known in these circles - or at least should be.

But no link for that title - Control by Runninz.

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

Looking at the Runninz tunes - they seem 94 - 95. It may be a later realease as I know nothing about Runninz but the clue is in the "control bit". You can't mistake that - its total silence and the just before drop you get - "Control. Control. Cooonnnttrroollll . -DROP

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

It was exactly this era : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_aP5KnTh0 (Reach Out / Tru Playaz)

I think I heard it mixed in with this tune at some point, It never featured on a tape pack but did numerous times on pirate radio.

vitus

No no no - seriously no, it is not bad ass or aphrodite or anything like that - just youtube'd Beyond Reality and Control Runninz - it throws up exactly the right era and related tunes - it may be ths - unmistakeable tune - I know bad ass very well, and I don't like it as to me it is a commercial / typical chavvy drum and bass tune - the one Im thinking off is a serious underground affair - but well known in these circles - or at least should be.

But no link for that title - Control by Runninz.

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

Looking at the Runninz tunes - they seem 94 - 95. It may be a later realease as I know nothing about Runninz but the clue is in the "control bit". You can't mistake that - its total silence and the just before drop you get - "Control. Control. Cooonnnttrroollll . -DROP

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

It was exactly this era : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_aP5KnTh0 (Reach Out / Tru Playaz)

I think I heard it mixed in with this tune at some point, It never featured on a tape pack but did numerous times on pirate radio.
Here's a sample of Beyond Reality - Control:
http://www.soundbytesrecords.com/sounds/15567-1.mp3