WELL DONE AUSTRALIA!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Indi, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

First world cup apprearance in 32 years, and had never scored a goal in a world cup tournament. But yes, the aussies finally dropped some bombs yesterday and its about time.
    After that Japan goal was allowed (which was disgusting, in the replay you clearly see that the Japanese player wasn't even looking at the ball, his intentions was to fully obstruct the Aus goalkeeper out of the path of the ball), it seemed as though you were never coming back.
    There were some little moments of genius, but the game in general was very shakey (which I will call first game nerves, especially as big a first game as Aus had).
    But in the last 10 mins, 3 goal were hammered. That Aloisi goal was fucking awesome.
    So, well done Australia, for breaking some records and proving to many that you can play (I've also got some money riding on you as being a bit of a dark horse of the tournament :teeth: )

Now for the Brazilians and the Croats

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

love those dark horse predictions. I want a replay tonight cause it was just too late here for me to comprehend it all last night. We need to hold it together for those other big teams, but it is time to celebrate and stop feeeling this inferiority complex about football. or soccer, as they will call it here.

:rslayer: :rslayer: :rslayer:

3. sook

sook Member

4. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

well i had money on japan!! pffff...

although i AM glad australia pulled through at the end. what a cracking finish to a game. as the stronger team throughout most of the game, they deserved it. i'll give them that. :rolleyes: ;)