Weird crackles(?)

AcidShroom

Hello,

I made a pretty nice pad sound and made some chords with it and thought about adding some movement n such and ( im on ableton) added a auto filter, assign the square wave lfo and it made a really nice phasey effect to it but in the background i hear crackles n stuff. At first i didnt knew what makes the crackles but as soon as i switch the auto filter off the crackles are gone, but the effect adds a nice grooove to it so yea....

Anyone know the cure for it?

With regards,
AcidShroom:D

Find another effect that does the same thing? I have no idea what though, or you could try to remove the crackle with some surgical eq, or you could use it the way it is if the crackling is not too loud it can have a nice vintage effect

Could it be where the LFO is cutting the waveform off not at 0 and creating pops? Is the problem only happening once you stick the square LFO on?

^this, or even edit the waveform and draw out the pop where the waveform doesn't start/finish on 0 if you want to keep the attack and release.

Could it be where the LFO is cutting the waveform off not at 0 and creating pops? Is the problem only happening once you stick the square LFO on?

Yea, exactly when I apply the square LFO on. How can i fix this?

The surgical EQin part could work, but its a bit of hassle doin in tho...

With regards,
AcidShroom

Back
Top Bottom