Weird collaborations that actually happened

High Contrast with Tiesto and Underworld is pretty weird. Especially Underworld being in there. I definitely did a double take at the time.

Vicious Circle and Need For Mirrors was unexpected, hardly crazy but wouldn't have picked them to collab.

Intalex with Fierce doing the vocals on a Radiohead cover was unexpected. I would have loved for Intalex and Fierce to have worked together more, two special talents who create unique, magic vibes in my opinion. RIP Marcus :(

See I don't think any of those are weird.

I'd say Rene Lavice and Gremlinz don't have much overlap soundwise anymore (bar that red letter remix), I wouldn't really associate Rene with UVB-76 or Cylon or likewise Gremlinz with Ram.

Pendulum and a prog rock icon just seems so leftfield to me. As in if you compare Pendulum albums/singles with porcupine tree material I can't hear any similarities. I just don't associate Wilson with rave music at all.

Noisia I associate with hardhitting, direct, funky but clinical neuro while Lynx is funky but does all this other weird stuff that sounds more organic. I would say the disparity has definitely grown over time (their older stuff does sound more similar tbf).

Dave Owen I associate with chilled soulful liquid like Still waters (maybe I'm out of touch on that one).

Just my two cents anyway. Maybe I focused on extremes too much.

I'd say Rene Lavice and Gremlinz don't have much overlap soundwise anymore (bar that red letter remix), I wouldn't really associate Rene with UVB-76 or Cylon or likewise Gremlinz with Ram.

Pendulum and a prog rock icon just seems so leftfield to me. As in if you compare Pendulum albums/singles with porcupine tree material I can't hear any similarities. I just don't associate Wilson with rave music at all.

Noisia I associate with hardhitting, direct, funky but clinical neuro while Lynx is funky but does all this other weird stuff that sounds more organic. I would say the disparity has definitely grown over time (their older stuff does sound more similar tbf).

Dave Owen I associate with chilled soulful liquid like Still waters (maybe I'm out of touch on that one).

Just my two cents anyway. Maybe I focused on extremes too much.
I think Rene and Gremlinz simply came from them both being from Toronto

It just takes a couple of seconds to see why this collab is weird as of recently.
Well, I took more than a couple of minutes and I couldn't see anything weird tbh.

Besides, they aren't making any tracks together (at least to my knowledge), so it wouldn't count even if it was weird.

Xample & Lomax
lol, and Lomax + 1/3rd of Triad (Maximono)

Back
Top Bottom