wee bita advice 4 beginner

pandemonium

i wanna get a cheap set of decks and im probably gonna get the numark TT1610 ''dj in a box'' pack. just wanted to know if you have to use additional speakers or whether u can just use em as they come.
cheers

Unless it says so otherwise in the ad, you'll be getting a mixer and two decks plus some cables.

Make sure you're getting systems with the decks - i.e. needles and cartridges (you probably are).

You'll need headphones as well as speakers - unless you have a proper hifi which you can connect your decks to. . But you can fry your hifi very quickly this way.

If you buy speakers, you don't need club speakers but a subwoofer is a must - the bigger and heavier the better.

You should realise that you're going to get fed up with your decks and budget mixer very quickly - it might be a better idea to get used Technics 1210s or Vestax 2000s and a good mixer for a bit more.

Check out Ebay for decks, mixers, headphones and speakers.

If you don't have the money for good decks - then you might think about getting cd players instead of decks. Vinyl is expensive - unless you have friends that are willing to lend it to you. Otherwise you'll spend more on vinyl than on your equipment.

Its worth it though:

:rave:

Numarks DJ in a box package doesn't come with speakers but it does come with some quality headphones. You can just hook it up to your Hi-Fi speakers. The decks are belt drive so they won't last you that long but it's a pretty cheap deal so it's OK for learning on. Personly, I'd splash out a little more cash and buy Stantons Direct Drive package. :antitank:

Instead of starting with belt drives I got directs to start with. Got a battle pack for about £300 I think. Numark 1650's and a Numark 1050 mixer. The mixer is absolutely shite but the decks are ok. Wanted decks that would last me a bit longer cuz I couldn't see the point in gettin belt drives.

I'd advise you to do the same.

Indeed, I saw a Vestax DJ starter pack in the Maplin catalogue today and I just went ":O :O :O :O :O :O :O BELT DRIVES ARGH". Truly awful to start DJing with belt drives, that's what people had to do in the 1980s, not today. :/

Back
Top Bottom