Website Hackers!!!

Vengeance

My Website was recently hacked and all the audio files deleted...all my sets, tunes etc all gone and not only that they deleted the entire site from my computer!

Be warned....

if they deleted the entire site how do you know that they deleted all the tunes and stuff, because you wouldn't be able to see the site to check...

Are you 100% sure it was hacked and it's not a provider crash or something like that - it happens to me now and then, i just can't get certain websites

Twats.

"not only that they deleted the entire site from my computer!"

How'd they manage that? Surely it was hosted elsewhere?

hackers wouldnt stop you viewing it, if they are the usual sort they would want to leave behind something that says "lolowned" or their hacker name or whatever. Thats what happened to one website I set up, changed to Italian and had "you got owned by ...." I doubt someone hacked your website to steal your tunes/images.

I'm not sure how this has happened...someone as managed to get into my site thats hosted by streamline.net delete all the audio file and get into my computer and delete the whole site.

I have been making sites for a while now and i would not have done this by mistake, I've had a chat with the hosting service and they are gonna try and find out what happened.

Thanks for your serious comments

I'm not sure how this has happened...someone as managed to get into my site thats hosted by streamline.net delete all the audio file and get into my computer and delete the whole site.

I have been making sites for a while now and i would not have done this by mistake, I've had a chat with the hosting service and they are gonna try and find out what happened.

Thanks for your serious comments

To delete the files on your computer they would have to delete them whilst your on it connected to the internet surely? I wouldnt be pointing the finger at some hacker more likely someone who has access to your computer/knows your passwords :D

To delete the files on your computer they would have to delete them whilst your on it connected to the internet surely? I wouldnt be pointing the finger at some hacker more likely someone who has access to your computer/knows your passwords :D

this.

you save your passwords in your browser?

maybe it was a mate/family member, some one with access to your pc.

Passwords are saved on my browser, but no one goes on my pc at home, must be someone accessing via the internet

www.cuttingedgesoundz.co.uk

I have a back up to a certain point, I think I can find the rest on various cd's still put a spanner in my works nice way to bring in the new year!

why would someone do that to me! thats Low...

Re: Website Hackers!!! No Hosting Service pulled Audio

Its the Bloody Hosting company www.Streamline.net they pulled all my audio/videos...

steamline say:
During a recent file system audit it has been discovered that your domain cuttingedgesoundz.co.uk is in breach of our terms of service

This is due to the large amount of non-web content stored on your domain.

As these files are downloadable content we have taken the decision to remove them from your site.

We will retain a copy of these files for a maximum period of 14 days.

In order to gain access to this archive of your files, please respond to this email stating the reason for this content and any issues you will encounter if access is not granted.

my reply:

Hello, I am a DJ/Music Producer All of the Downloadable content is to promote myself as a DJ to get bookings it is very important that all theses files are put back onto my web-site. Some of the DJ Mix sets i have put up for download are for my DJ friends.

I don not upload anything i have not made i.e. copyrighted material such as films, Music Videos/Tracks etc.

Please give me back my Audio/Videos I have made as that is the whole reason i have the site.

I aso intend on using the www.vengeancerecording.co.uk site to host my music production onto too...

Respect
Byron aka DJ Vengenace Finest DJ of the East 2004

Streamline says:
Part of our acceptable use policy reads as follows:

1.2 Streamline.Net offer unlimited web space and un-restricted bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean unlimited space for legitimate web site content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Sites should not contain any backups, downloads, or other non-web based content;

We would consider allowing the content to remain providing the files stored are less then 2gb.

If you require access to the archived files then please let us know

My reply:

Hello, Yes i would like access to my content!

all of the content has links on my website which are all now broken!!!
That is the body of my site!!!

Example.
see page for my DJ mixes:
http://www.cuttingedgesoundz.co.uk/Vengeance_Downloads.htm

this is all linked into my hompage

so your telling me that I have 2gb of space on my site to use?

not to mention the anxiety and trouble this has caused me thinking someone has hacked my website...

and it still does not explain why my whole site have been deleted from my computer, which i failed to mention in the support ticket???

Once again they reply with:

Part of our acceptable use policy reads as follows:

1.2 Streamline.Net offer unlimited web space and un-restricted bandwidth with some account types. ..............
...........Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
Streamline.Net - The home of good value web hosting

Final reply:

Yes I require access to the archived files....

can you tell me how I get them back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storing my files... thats what a site does isn't?
if thats the best you are offering then we will roll with the 2gb limit for now....

>End of e-mails<

It still doesn't explain how my complete website was deleted from my computer... and they still haven't given me access to my content they took.

has anyone had this happen to them, is this a scam to get me to pay more money, soundz like a con to me...

I need to find a new host for my sites I think any suggestions?
I would appreciate the help :)

sorry Tom

my facebook, hotmail and myspace was hacked by sum twat a little while ago. i know who it was aswell. if i wasnt about to become a dad i would of probs ended up in prison by now for what i want to do lol

Back
Top Bottom