Drum & Bass Weapon_X remixing Danny Darko

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Weapon_X, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Weapon_X

Weapon_X New Member

Hi all!
    Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a Contest entry here, but, someone will let me know soon enough if i did something wrong. HA!

I'm trying to reach out to different forums across the web, to really get the brutal feedback that an artist needs to push himself further. so please, don't hold back.

I just picked up the NI Maschine Mikro MK2 so hopefully this will be the last track that is so blocky and un-natural in its structure. only had it a few days but its feeling more and more like an instrument than a toy.

Anyways, here is my latest Remix track.

Enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/weapon_x/dan...a-when-hope-is-lost-weapon-x-love-again-remix

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. TinnitusD&B

TinnitusD&B Member

It's not really my cup of tea to be honest mate but i'll give some feedback anyway. It needs way more low end to compliment the vocals imo. I'm listening to it through two 8" monitors and a 10" sub and it's hardly coming through. A really solid driving bass line would suit those vocals really well especially at the 1:45 mark.

3. Weapon_X

Weapon_X New Member

Yeah, i totally hear ya on that. it has a lot more bass, but, unfortunately, for some reason, the mix sounds hella different when played online, VS the actual file on my HD. And i don't want to re-post it and loose the amount of plays. will probably do so once the contest is over.

regardless, feedback appreciated!

Thanks,