We pulled a crowd with no big name DJs!

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
We ran our first night called Exodus last night in Kent & it was huge success. When i have Dj'd there before hardly anyone has turned up, but last night showed what a bit of promotion can do. I thought the d&b scene was dead in Kent, but last night proved people are still into it with people from all over Kent turning up. We packed nearly 200 people into the place (& the Pulse is a small club!) with no big name DJs or MCs on the flyer & not a single fight!
This shows that people are willing to turn up to events without big name DJs, so all the big nights really should start bringing through the new talent.
Big up everyone that attended Exodus on Friday 26th Nov at Pulse nightclub. Hope to see ya'll there next month again.
Peace.

:word:

Breakneck: Reloaded is a similar situation really.

Well done! :slayer:

mISHKA said:
Where abouts in Kent is this?
cheers for the support guys. the night is Exodus @ Pulse Nightclub, 79 High Street, Chatham.
I think its going to be a monthly event, probably the last friday of every month, but i'll post the details up on here when its all confirmed.
Yeah i think the flyer looks wicked too D Breakneck. My mate that runs the night managed to put it together somehow! Big up Alix D for making this happen.

DJ Lordward said:
cheers for the support guys. the night is Exodus @ Pulse Nightclub, 79 High Street, Chatham.
I think its going to be a monthly event, probably the last friday of every month, but i'll post the details up on here when its all confirmed.
Yeah i think the flyer looks wicked too D Breakneck. My mate that runs the night managed to put it together somehow! Big up Alix D for making this happen.
glad to hear it went down well lordward. hopefully il be playin alongside u next time. i must get round to sendin u a cd! iv got plans to do up a newer one thursday so il send u that as soon as its done. i came up chatham the other day by the way. nice to see there was a record shop right next to the drivin theory test centre seein that i was 45 minutes early :2thumbs:

good cheers. i geeked it up with full marks :2thumbs: that slippys vinyl place wernt a bad shop actually. better than anywhere in maidstone. the woman there was really nice too. i think her name was andrea or somethin like that. il PM you about the pulse thing soon mate. speak to ya soon :2thumbs:

Ehhh!!! Sweet. Glad some people are brave enough to give new peeps a go. Onward and upward guys...theres still hope for us all yet! :cool:

thats good to hear!!

shame we cant have a good nite like that in Birmingham, there are a few nites put on but not a huge turn out, i just think the majority of heads in Birmingham only notice a nite if it has at least one big name on the flyer.

mind u the smaller nites always land on a difficult day like a weds or sun where we all got work the next day , i'd be deffo up 4 any decent dnb on a fri or sat in brum wtih unheard of djs as long as its decent; Birmingham scene has hit rock bottom all most at the mo.

hope u have more successful nites! hope Birmingham heads take note - think gta comin to Brum soon, thats all bout promotin new/unheard of djs...

Chili, you need to travel a little. Leamington, Rugby and Leicester have all got smallish nights at weekends with new talent. Check Ascension in Rugby, and Rotation in Leicester for example. Guarantee a good night!!! :welcome:

ive heard bout rotation!! yeah leamington aint too far away to venture out, also keep meanin to reach stourbridge for deckology.

been leicester for disfunktion's konnection once, n ketterin, oxford (HQ @ the cellar- wicked ), wolves, swindon n suppsoed to at some point reach n aftershock nite in Glos, beens met em all @ brunel rooms,

i occasionally trek but its a mission driving - i like to have a drink :)! an guess whose the only driver in our crew.. yep - me! lol

thanks 4 the welcome btw!! been here a while just too busy postin on other forums lol.. i use this forum mainly for listenin to all the upcomin tracks pretty cool :) but yeh thanks hippo :)

Back
Top Bottom