we need an advice forum...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by apples, Oct 26, 2006.

1. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

because i need some

just handed in resignation, they want me to work a month i will only work a week. is there anything bad that could happen to me.. i mean i could have just uped and left. ok so i dont get a reference. could they take money off me?

jkghdfhjs
    :):confused:

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I think you can just leave whenever you like, obviously, like you said, it's leaving on bad terms and you wouldn't expect a reference from them.

My boss recently just left after leaving a letter on the directors desk before she went home, she had been here a few years, and she was gone, just like that!

Ref. the money, I don't think they could take money off you unless you owed them via holiday days already taken - other than that I don't think there is anything they can do about it.

Good luck :)

3. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

hehehe thank you...the money bit yeah suppose. im tempted to just go 2moro
    last day
    i will do if they wont budge on a month

4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Check here.

Leaving work, you will be in breach of contract. If they suffer damages (unlikely), they can sue or take recompense from pay. They have to pay you for your time working until you leave but they might decide to dock your pay claiming damages suffered.

Basically you're safe but you might have to argue over pay.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  5. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

hah like your edit message....

thanks for the link. im feeling more confident, still worried bout what they gonna say but yeah i can leave if neeed be, wish they would sort this now though!

6. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

Don't eat yellow snow...

...sorry, i'm in a really sarcy mood!

7. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

everything starts with a contract .... read your signed contract and a company can hold you to this .....

hence when u join a work force they give u a contract of employment..all the details will be listed apon those sheets ..

if its a major company then you have a 3 month kinder trial period where you said be a sessed ? the laws are different only with in these 3 months as after that you become a full time member under the contracted laws...

now if you dont have a contract of employment then in rights u dont even have to give them a letter of bye bye ....

if a company then owes you money again if you have a firm record of when u have worked and worked with out payment go to your local citizen advice beariou < sorry cant spell ... lol anyway they will invergate the claim ....
    and get what is yours blah blah will take sometime but hay just depends how much your owed if its worth it or not

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  8. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

My Advice ? OK here goes..If you piss them off they may take areaallly long time to give you a P45 which is a right pain in the arse.At the same timed when a company has pissed me off , my pubes have found their way into files, dicks have drawn tehmselves behind clocks and shitty toilet paper has stuck itself on the ceiling, no doubt only to fall on some poor sod sitting in teh shitter a few days later...mwah ha ha haaaaaaa
    :jacko: :jackson: :drums: :censored:

9. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

thing is as they know that your leaving due to negitivity and things negative happen around the work place the finger will oviously get pointed to you hence then you can be charged with a vandelism bill ...... not to clever in my eyes if your seeking a months pay and dont have another job to go to ????????? but hay each to there own i spose..

:-/

id wait until time after ive gone to get my own back when the coast is clear as hay you dont become a direct suspect ??? u get me ..........

but again thats me ........ everyones different :jazz_band

10. Gumby

Gumby New Member

apples, why dont you just tell them that you want to leave after a week instead of a month.

what are they going to do? tie you to the chair?!

im sure they'll understand if you just explain it to them. bit better than doing a runner! if they try and make you stay just tell them that your new job has asked you to start next week.

if theyre keeping you on longer so they have more time to find a replacement, then maybe they need to get their shit together and start looking for one now.

in the end its their problem, not yours.

dont stay if you dont want to.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  11. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

you got it exactly, i've told them im only staying for a week, they want a month. yes they reckon they need a month to find a replacement but this is bollocks, i do fuck all (thats why im leaving) anyway i dont wanna get in to the details but basically you are right, they can't keep me there. I'm gonna offer to write a plan for when someone new comes in and see what they think. I've tried and now its kinda up to them. I just feel like i wanna go in today and say i might as well make this my last day? anyway i'm just a bit raaa stressed about it but i'm def feeling positive, i do have a job to go to hence the early leave :)

it is their problem! :D thank you

12. Gumby

Gumby New Member

awesomes! i win at teh internets!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006