DnB We had it all - Minimal Liquid Chillout style

Skuff

VIP Junglist

Yet another track started today, Just listened on my laptop and bass sounds pretty poor (a bit dry), as its more about the sub on this one (although that might change when i go back in). Myself on vocals again.. All feedback welcomed

Edit: Updated the track this morning, and changed the bass completely, and gone with a filtered Reece style instead of the wobble.. Hope it's made an improvement

Last edited:
Updated the track this morning, so would appreciate some feedback on how it sounds now.. (y)

its sweet man, lovely vocal and atmosphere. the filtered reece idea is definitely the way to go but the it needs work right now, need to be able to pull that highpass down and make the riff a centre piece at some point. the beat is good but a little bit standard, maybe sick it up a bit, dont really have to if you dont want to complicate things but it would make the tune even more better.

Love it, vocal fits perfectly, only thing i would change is to give the sub a little bit of movement or maybe give it a hint of sidechain

Nice one man.. Yeah I was def thinking the Reece would suit the track a bit more than the wobble, it's just getting it right now, but only took about half an hour to knock up in Thor so hopefully a bit more time on it will get it sounding better.. I'm gonna add a couple of filtered breaks in here and there too, so hopefully that will liven the drums up slightly, but overall it's mainly a chillax tune, so didn't want to go too crazy.. Thanks for the feedback again, appreciated.. Oh and I'm quite pleased with the vocals too considering I can't sing for shit! Haha - that's the magic of melodyne! Props to whoever made me aware of it a few weeks ago on here

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Love it, vocal fits perfectly, only thing i would change is to give the sub a little bit of movement or maybe give it a hint of sidechain

Thanks mate.. Not really a fan of sidechaining the sub in Reason as it seems to kill it half the time? How else would you suggest I make movement? A touch of filtering maybe? (sorry I'm still pretty nooby when it comes to production)

How else would you suggest I make movement? A touch of filtering maybe? (sorry I'm still pretty nooby when it comes to production)

Fitering if you are using a low passed saw or square. Or modulate the amplitude of the wave if you're using a sine. That'll make it pulse in time with the lfo. Then modulate the speed of the lfo, fade it in etc etc. Play around.

---------- Post added at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I like the tune too. Vocal sounds good.

thats you singing?? nice one man impressive

You'd be more impressed if you heard what it started out like! :D
That melodyne is a quality piece of kit.. Then backed it up with a home made exciter style effect, a bit of unison, shit loads of reverb, big delay and a distortion unit in there too.. It's the second song ive added my vocals to now since getting Melodyne, first one goes off on Kool London whenever my mate plays it :D

Fitering if you are using a low passed saw or square. Or modulate the amplitude of the wave if you're using a sine. That'll make it pulse in time with the lfo. Then modulate the speed of the lfo, fade it in etc etc. Play around.

---------- Post added at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I like the tune too. Vocal sounds good.

Thanks man.. Nice one on the tip too, i'll see if i can do it with Thor, as it was only a simple sine, and i'm still trying to learn the in's and outs of it (y)

Last edited:
Smoooooth bro :) Not sure what you are using on your vocals but they have sounded really nice in your tunes :D

I've found that sidechaining in Reason with good settings (no attack and 50-100ms release) will create distortion - that's sad, cause you really want the sub to duck at the start of the kick. That said, just increase the attack or ignore the distortion since it will most likely be covered up by the kick.

Yes that's what I find too mate, also when ive tried side chaining the sub in the past, that small bit of distortion seems to take a lot of the chest rumble from the sine, which I don't want at all.. I need to move on from Reason I think, as while you can do most things in it, I find a few things slightly limiting.. Also I had a nice new pc built with that exact thought of switching to something else, but first thing I did was load Reason up :D

I've tried switching a few times, but can't seem to get my head around anything else

Back
Top Bottom