We Fear Silence & Cable present A Bunch of Cuts vs Metalheadz // Saturday 8th May //

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by WeFearSilence, Apr 12, 2010.

1. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

We Fear Silence & Cable present A Bunch of Cuts vs Metalheadz // Saturday 8th May // Cable

This one is going to be carnage! The A Bunch of Cuts crew step up and go toe to toe with Goldie's Metalheadz. All out back to back sets all night long from some of the finest names on the Drum & Bass scene. Stick Goldie, Marcus Intalex, D Bridge, Commix, Krust & Die in a pot, add a sprinkling of Apple Pips and shake vigorously. Could you seriously ask for more? Check this…

Main Room:

Goldie B2B Marcus Intalex
    D Bridge B2B Commix
    Doc Scott B2B Bailey
    Krust B2B Die
    A Sides B2B Jubei

MCs: DRS, SP:MC, Justyce, Lowqui

Room 2: Hosted by Apple Pips

Appleblim (2 Hours)
    Komonazmuk (2 Hours)
    Al Tourettes (2 Hours – DJ Set)

Limited Early Bird & Students £8 / Advance £11 / £13 OTD

Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08444 711 000 / www.residentadvisor.net/wefearsilence

Direct Ticket Link:
    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?re...detail&event=382439&interface=we_fear_silence

Cable
    33a Bermondsey Street Tunnel
    SE1 3JW

020 7403 7730

Nearest Tube: London Bridge

www.cable-london.com
    www.wefearsilence.com

2. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

Re: We Fear Silence & Cable present A Bunch of Cuts vs Metalheadz // Saturday 8th May

As ever, we haven’t been let down by you lot! Early Bird tickets for this have all gone…pat yourselves on the back.

General Advance tickets now available for a measly 11 quid.

Some pretty artwork for you too… x

[​IMG]

3. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

Re: We Fear Silence & Cable present A Bunch of Cuts vs Metalheadz // Saturday 8th May

Big news for all you Pips followers...

Bristolite 'Arkist' has just been added to Apple Pips room bringing the Dub vibes in there plenty!

Check him out here... 'http://soundcloud.com/arkist'

Also, keep your eyes on these pages over the next few days as we bring you the exclusive Live mix from the last Metalheadz event by none other than top honcho Goldie...

Hang Tight! x

4. Floating Hunter

Floating Hunter Well-Known Member

this is gonna be huge, why am i just hearing about this today?

5. slugoffice

slugoffice ribs !

gonna be so good !!

6. DA BRICK

DA BRICK Member

Really looking forward to this , last metalheadz night at cable was massive

7. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

After some short lived technical difficulties we can finally drop this on you...a recording of Goldies set from Metalheadz March at Cable.

http://www.wefearsilence.com/blog/2010/04/music/goldie-live-metalheadz-cable

You may have listened to it already but for some reason the sound was playing up - sorry! Try it again now and get yourselves prepared for May 8th.

Have a great weekend all.

We Fear Silence x

8. thedjnifty

thedjnifty Well-Known Member

Thanks very much

Any chance of the Andy C or Ed Rush set?!

9. #talktofrank

#talktofrank Member

This would be sick We Fear Silence, Pretttttyyyy pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

10. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

So, if that exclusive Goldie mix over on our blog wasn’t enough to moisten your musical palette’s…here’s some more goodies for ya! Your chance to win this little lot…

2 x Tickets to A Bunch of Cuts vs Metalheadz at Cable, Saturday May 8th
    1 x Metalheadz T Shirt
    1 x Greena ‘Tenzado’ 12″ from Apple Pips
    1x Love Hotel / The Dim Light 12″ by D-Bridge

We’re also going to select 10 lucky entrants to receive a free download of A Sides forthcoming album ‘Worldwide’ due out on his own Eastside Records on May 31st so, even if you don’t win the main prize – you might still get a little something in return…

All you need to do is send us the answer to one mightily simple question...

Get yourself over to the blog for the question and to be in for a chance to win...

http://www.wefearsilence.com/blog/2010/04/competitions/competition-aboc-metalheadz-may-10/

Good luck x

11. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

I'm sorry guy's neither Andy C's or Ed Rush's set was recorded...

Get over to the blog though to get your hands on exclusive mix's by S.P.Y, Klute & Marcus Intalex plus loads more!

http://www.wefearsilence.com/blog/

WFS x

12. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

13. WeFearSilence

WeFearSilence Member

Competition now closed!

Thanks for all the interest, now it's fingers crossed!

We'll get at you if you're a winner!

See you Saturday...x

14. slugoffice

slugoffice ribs !

cannot wait for tomorrow night, just wondering if anyone knows set times?? can only turn up round midnight and really hope I'm not gonna be missing goldie/marcus intalex, dbridge/commix and bailey, and jubei..... and actually now I think about it, every single person playing, jesus, this is gonna be such a sick night

15. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

This is purely a guess but I'd say Jubei and ASides will be 1st, and DBridge is playing in Bournemouth tonight so I'd say he'll be one of the last 2 sets.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  16. bluenote

bluenote Member

Goldie killed my vibe completely... didn't know a professional dj could be quite so bad. I can honestly say I would have put on a better set, even without the few dubs he threw in.

Seen him a fair few times as well, but this stunk something fierce.

Commix played some next tunes though, sounded very influenced from the dubwise notion of 'space' in his set...

17. DA BRICK

DA BRICK Member

was a really good night imo

all the dj's played good selections , got in there around 10:45 and caught the second half of a-sides b2b jubei which was heavy , jubei can do no wrong at the moment imo , making some quality tunes and is also very good on the decks.

die b2b krust was also heavy , i was'nt sure what to expect from them but they smashed it imo , anyone know the name of there intro tune ?

then it was goldie b2b marcus , i really enjoyed this set , thought the mixing was a little shabby in places but the selection more than made up for it.

doc scott b2b bailey was on after that and again a really good set except for 1 tune which sounded horrific imo , think it was bailey who played it , really weird out of time drum pattern just sounded like a load of noise , worst tune ive heard in ages, lol

left just before d-bridge b2b commix , all in all another good night , will definitly be reaching the next one

18. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Next line-up @ Cable, July 10th.

Room1.
    Goldie
    Calyx & Teebee
    Klute
    Flight
    Dillinja
    Storm
    Mikal
    Transit Mafia

MC's
    Justyce
    Moose
    Fats

Room2.
    Geeneus
    N-Type
    Randall (old skool set)
    Tendai
    MC Tippa

19. bluenote

bluenote Member

I dunno about that goldie set, goldie tried to bring in a tune twice, fucked up, and almost got it right on the third time, but really just switched tunes... I thought he was utter crap to be honest, especially because after that awful mix he raised his hands seeking praise from the crowd.

20. PostmanPat

PostmanPat I'll cum in your arse.

sick line-up. i thought Friction was gonna be on this one though..? :(