Way Of The Warrior EP 2

I am disappointmented with this lp but a few of the tunes sound large on a system and even though its not a strong strong lp sadly its better then a lot of Dnb going around
i lol'd
this is fucking killer output from shogun, you've got so many artists on top form and epic colabs

all pretty standard tunes really, got it but yea really did expect more from shogun or should i say (different). Just tracks like montpellier i expected more from with a collaboration like spectrasoul, rockwell and alix perez. but by no means is it a bad cd, some big ones on there. guess it just comes down to personal prefference

This pretty much!

na, mirage & redeye have the same tracklist & samples up for this

Redeye and chemical tracklistings have been changed so EP 1 has the D-Bridge track rather than Spectrasoul.

Bit strange about the promos though, even if they put the D-Bridge track on the second EP promo, you're gonna have to have either both promos or both full releases to get all the tracks.

Just tracks like montpellier i expected more from with a collaboration like spectrasoul, rockwell and alix perez

montpellier is vibes, every track doesn't necessarily need to be dancefloor or techy like most of the other tracks on the lp. less is more

Maybe the spectrasoul tune was taken off the full release of part 1 because they changed the vocals. Originally you couldn't tell what the vocals were saying but then they changed them and now they're saying something like 'build yourself a new sea view'. Can anyone with the part 1 promo tell which version is on there? I can't really see any other reason why they'd change the tracklisting cos they'd have to make a new master of that vinyl which costs loads.

About 50% killer and 50% filler for me. Cemetery, Tryin', Rat Race, Ultraclean, Jupiter and Since We've been apart are all wicked tracks. The rest are solid, but nothing special. Alix Perez's and Spectrasoul's contributions are all a bit underwhelming - Exemption sounds way too similar to Dark Days EP stuff for me to get excited about it, and with The Gift, well Spectrasoul have made much, much better liquid tracks. Same thing goes with Montpellier really. 4U is the worst track on there and, imo is fucking gay. Alien Groove is solid, but a filler track. Random dubstep track is well, inconsequential.

Not bad Shogun, not bad at all. But you've done better.

is this on the first ep or replaced by since we've been apart?
11 minutes ago · Like
SpectraSoul both, second is with re-recorded vocals 8)

unsure if Since We've Been Apart is on wax now...sure hope so

is this on the first ep or replaced by since we've been apart?
11 minutes ago · Like
SpectraSoul both, second is with re-recorded vocals 8)

unsure if Since We've Been Apart is on wax now...sure hope so

I just bagged this and Since We've Been Apart is on side A and The Gift isn't on it

About 50% killer and 50% filler for me. Cemetery, Tryin', Rat Race, Ultraclean, Jupiter and Since We've been apart are all wicked tracks. The rest are solid, but nothing special. Alix Perez's and Spectrasoul's contributions are all a bit underwhelming - Exemption sounds way too similar to Dark Days EP stuff for me to get excited about it, and with The Gift, well Spectrasoul have made much, much better liquid tracks. Same thing goes with Montpellier really. 4U is the worst track on there and, imo is fucking gay. Alien Groove is solid, but a filler track. Random dubstep track is well, inconsequential.

Not bad Shogun, not bad at all. But you've done better.
I reckon 4U is the best track on the LP. The production levels are unbelievable and I bet you it would go off on a dancefloor.....

Back
Top Bottom