Way of the Shaolin

well i liked ur sample definatly took me back to the wu!

clear ideas in your production but u just need to work on the sound to get it tighter and more punchier, the beat is quite lose atm u know?

quite good use of the notes tho... its got the funk

well i liked ur sample definatly took me back to the wu!

Actually lifted it off Dr S Gachet tape from when he played here in Belfast many moons ago with MC GQ. One of my favorite intros to a set of all time.

So beats still not "vicious" enough then eh, lol? That will be my next goal. Starting to get some synth sounds i like now but seem to struggle getting punch into the beats. Listening to what Ketz is producing in Reason 4 has given me all the faith I need that its all entirely possible. Just need to stick at it.

hey fella I reckon your beats are pretty punchy maybe need to roll a bit better but the kick and snare sit and shine through in the mix well enough for me the bass needs to be a little more tearing though or alternatively a much heavier sub - keep at it this sounded good to me!

mmmm... loved that intro sample! drums sounding nice and punchy, but not enough bass + better mix down needed!

Cheers for all the comments, all the advice and help I can get is appreciated. Soaking it up like a sponge, so onwards and upwards.

I'm hoping my other new track i'm working on is sounding a bit more punchy in the snare (I think it is anyway) as I discovered the maximiser in reason this week. And I also discovered a sick rolling hihat combination on this new one so hopefully there will be more roll in the breaks on this, and made some filthy synth sounds in thor too. And another thing I started on this other track is layering things to improve the punch. Its not up on soundcloud yet as its work in progress so hopefully get it up for some love over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom