Waves of Power

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Brezik59, May 11, 2010.

1. Brezik59

Brezik59 I've been naughty, I'm banned

Ocean energy has been a source of relief for those seeking renewable sources of energy. The energy from the ocean is present in three forms: In the form of waves, in the form of tides and using ocean water temperature variation. The Ocean Power technologies have been practiced for hundreds of years now.

Waves are caused by the wind blowing over the ocean water surface. They carry tremendous amounts of energy within them. It is found that the amount of energy carried by the waves is around 2-3 million megawatts. This ocean wave power is captured using point absorbers, which are like offshore buoys that measure the environmental data. The back and forth movement of the waves can be used to spin a turbine that can generate power.

When the gravitational effect of the moon acts on the earth’s water bodies, it results in tides. Tides hold a great deal of power which is apparent in the fact that it moves a vast amount of water upwards. In some places, it is reported that the tides can move as high as forty feet.

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

are you a bot? be honest

3. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

what i dont understand is how the hell they get through registering. some wizz kid russian is writing scripts so complex he might as well hire a call centre to do it for him. anyways theres a link there, the blue type no

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

P-P-P-PUH-PUH-PUH-P-POWER

5. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked