Waves Kramer Master Tape

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
Anyone had any experience of using this? I'm considering picking it up in the Waves sale to add a bit of vintage warmth to tracks, but I think I remember hearing that it's so well modeled on the real tape machine that's it's pretty complex to get desired results out of...

Anyone shed any light?

It's not too shabby, worth it at the $80 sale price; but if you miss the sale don't you dare spend $200 on it. Because at that price range you should just save up and get Acustica's Nebula 3, it just takes its' pants off and shits on pretty much all other tape/vintage gear emulation plugs.

u he satin is good

This.

I own both Kramer Tape and U-he Satin. Both are high quality products, but I would say Kramer Tape is good while u-he Satin is great.

You can't go wrong with either choice, but u-he (Urs) is a passionate developer with a passionate team working behind him. That said, Satin is still in its infancy and I have not doubt that u-he et al. will continue to build, improve and add to it. Kramer Tape is a finished product (not necessarily a bad thing) but dealing with waves tech support and the Waves licensing/cloud system is a HUGE pain in the dick.

Found it a little too colourful on the 2 bus. Would prefer something slightly more subtle as an alternative.
Altho pushing drums and bass they the MPX is an extremely good look. It's got a real nice creamy sound to it when driven right. Just not transparent enough on the master for my liking.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebula is the most underrated plug in going.

Talking of Kramer, anyone know of any decent tricks with it cos it's confused the feck outta me! And no, I will not RTFM

The MPX is a great plug in. I find driving it hard on a Bus then sending whatever amount of the initial signal you feel is necessary.

The Struder is a great emulation too. I recently purchased the UAD 2 Duo Bundle which includes several legendary plug ins such as the LA-2A and the Fairchild 670.

If your after 'vintage warmth' through various means such as compression and EQ, look no further. Obviously pricey but definitely worth it.

The MPX is a great plug in. I find driving it hard on a Bus then sending whatever amount of the initial signal you feel is necessary.

The Struder is a great emulation too. I recently purchased the UAD 2 Duo Bundle which includes several legendary plug ins such as the LA-2A and the Fairchild 670.

If your after 'vintage warmth' through various means such as compression and EQ, look no further. Obviously pricey but definitely worth it.

Nice one mate :)

Back
Top Bottom