Watch those imports

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Bought a couple of tracks taht were imports lately, and although they sounded firing on teh mp3 sample, when I actually got them it was a different story...they were teh WORST masterings/pressings I have had eth misfortune to buy, and so have been returned !!! Be warned !!!!!:mad:

I've noticed this with some american stuff too.

Pretty much given up on american imports now (unless I know the label well, and know they're not going to be half arsed about the pressing). Not worth the risk.

ihurtchildren said:

Pretty much given up on american imports now (unless I know the label well, and know they're not going to be half arsed about the pressing). Not worth the risk.
Not just me then ....
Sorry SOok can't be arsed to dig them out from wherever they have been put ....like teh quote sez..its from US pressings...even an old V-Recs that was done in US was not as good as teh UK pressings.

Stedfast said:
Not just me then ....
Sorry SOok can't be arsed to dig them out from wherever they have been put ....like teh quote sez..its from US pressings...even an old V-Recs that was done in US was not as good as teh UK pressings.

You sure they arent Bootlegs? Surely V Recordings would be pressed in the UK as its a UK label.

Well the V thing was OK to be fair, but you could hear the difference is what I'm saying..compared to UK pressings of teh time ( was about 7 years ago ), it didn't sound as good. But I'm mainly on about some of teh pressings I bought lately...were wickid tunes but sooo queit!!! That isn't to say all US or forgein pressings are crap, just be aware taht some pressings are not up to standard...I know Breakbeat science releases are fine for instance.

Last edited:
ihurtchildren said:

true ,ihurtchildren hahaha your back posting then !

A lot of them ragga ones are proper DIY releases.

They're not really arsed about mixdowns from what I know and their pressing is fucking cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom