Watch if you dare...

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by fevezz, Feb 15, 2012.

1. fevezz

fevezz nom nom nom nom!

ok, so apparently theres this guy on youtube who thinks he's the next big dubstep dj... he's even got a legion of followers. its quite fuckin sad.

he even went so far as to enter himself into the dubstep music awards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbszqM1HLOg&feature=related

WTF is going on here??? it would be funnier if more people were like, "you're a fuckin tard", but instead people think he's great. it's kinda scary, and really put the current state of dj'ing into perspective for me. well this and a house party i did on saturday.

doesn't mean im gonna give up--or stop playing mainly vinyl.

/rant

2. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

that lisp....

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i think you'll find its shit recording not having been run through a d'ser (not sure on the spelling but it is a real thing)

4. Transient Energ

Transient Energ Member

It's a de-esser

I don't know why you're surprised, commercial dubstep in being shite shocker. Listen to some decent music and you won't have to put up with 'tards like that.

Just wait till Simon Cowells new DJ show starts airing then it'll be time to cringe.

5. fevezz

fevezz nom nom nom nom!

hah yeah... i dont listen to dubstep much at all really. i stumbled across the vid while watching other dj vids n decided to watch seeing as how it was so highly rated for a supposed first time vid or whatevs. n just cuz music may be shite, doesnt mean the dj is necessarily.

but do o think the music n its fan base have somethin to do wiv dat vids ratings? yes, prolly does.

6. Transient Energ

Transient Energ Member

Picking good tunes is the most important part of DJing so if they pick rubbish tunes they're a rubbish DJ even if it's only yours or my opinion.

Yes. Yes it does. It's the people who think Doctor P tracks have bass when played through a mobile phone after all.

7. Smickus

Smickus Active Member

he can't even point his fingers to the 'beep' in time.

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

what a looser.
    juding by his comments he doesn't know what he's doing. i was kind enough to inform him of such things.

i aint gonna listen to it because of this "Rudebrat - rebecca black friday dubstep remix" Really? fuck is wrong with the world.

9. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

To be fair I've seen this countless times even on this forum. People refuse to spend 30 seconds to a minute beat matching the tune they're going to bring in so in effect the tunes aren't at the same speed. They then wait for a gap in the beats to bring the other tune in so there's no chance of clanging. We were lucky that he knew to start the mix on a one.

Especially with the advent of dnbtv there's really no excuses. He must realise in his heart that something's up?! :confused:

10. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

It's such a shame. Ya know, what's happened to dubstep n all. I used to love hearing deep dark rhythmic beats with weird techy sounds & smooth atmosphere. I just listen to Qawwali and it put's things back into perspective. To be honest for me, this isn't dubstep, not dubstep as i know it. It's just fucking noise.

He's not even skankin.

Let's all hurl abuse. I'm gonna.

Abuse hurled.

11. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

This made me throw up in my mouth. Just, awful.

12. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

glad I read the thread before I watched. Didn't watch. :lol:

13. Feeney

Feeney Member

Yeah thats pretty racked off,my lad is into dubstep,i aint got much time for any of it to be honest,chase and status,magnetic man etc,its all so clean.All the tunes sound like they have fell into a bath full of chorus.I like it a bit less regimented like kode 9,burial etc `a but all in all i can do without most of dubstep.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012