Wasting Time Ft. Sam Wills

Easy mate - wicked tune IMO - could use a little sprucing but apart from that its really nice - loving the bass / piano whatever it is
Would also add that the track draws alot of focus to the drums so they wanna be sounding really interesting. Maybe a bit more layering or a touch of hi end reverb or summat?

Like marcel kennard said, a bit more layering. I would fill it in a bit more at the drop, but the bass actually fills up the place. Still, chill tune, nice work ! I like those kick & snare you use, but they need a little bit of power :)

thanks for the response boys. i feel you on the drums... need to work them, imma try layering up the kick and snare a tad, and maybe a little more distortion..

have you guys seen the new computer music tutorial? kommonazmuk goes in, he show's off this new airwindows "drive2" distortion plug in... it's sick for beefing up drums, check it.

Nice. Dont like the drums though. Snare is ok. Needs a bit more hi end but I hate that kick sample. Great little fills and extra percussion. Really liking the bass and vocals though. No glaring mix down issues as far as I can hear either!

Good jerb!

yes mate. thanks for the feedback.

thats a shame you don't like the drums :/

i really do, can't pleas everyone :P

big big tune - might beef up the vocals a bit - going through for a second listen now

EDIT:

I'm looking at getting RP Distortion heres what danny byrd had to say on it, "...been using it a lot on vocals, to dirty them up a bit.. theres a million distortion plug ins out there, but RP Distort is my choice for 2012."

http://www.robpapen.com/rp-distord.html
http://www.timespace.com/features/2365/hospital-records-and-general-drum-and-bass-legend-danny-byrd-gives-us-the-lowdown.html

Those fills are just awesome. WASTING TIIIMEE love it.

Last edited:
thanks for you kind words bro..

yeahh i tried using logic's distortion but it sounded gashh..

been looking for a good vocal fx unit...

going to look into this deffo!

wasn't too sure if he was dropping me a little hidden message on the "wasting time" ting!

and if you hadn't heard of him he's the guy who did the vocals for Spectrasoul - The Gift

Big up's!

Back
Top Bottom