wash away - liquid (finished track but looking for pointers)

i like that bass!

few things though, the drums definitely needs more layers to it, right now it sounds like straight up hats, kicks and snares. Add a few shuffles, more high end.
Sounds like you have loads of limiting going on aswell, so whenever the bass comes in, the drums duck out, and then when they go quiet, the drums swell back in.... Try turning down the bass a little more maybe?
have to say i like that piano melody alot, and those sort of guitar samples are nice too. They are definitely drowned out by the bass at times though... maybe raise the piano an octave up? and the turn the filter cut off on the bass down a little? just to create a bit more space in that mid range area

I guess its a WIP but the last bit after the break goes on a bit long with out enough variation.

Nice track man, it sounds really creative !
But like 3xit says ; your drums need some more layers and there are some mixdown issues..

i like that bass!

few things though, the drums definitely needs more layers to it, right now it sounds like straight up hats, kicks and snares. Add a few shuffles, more high end.
Sounds like you have loads of limiting going on aswell, so whenever the bass comes in, the drums duck out, and then when they go quiet, the drums swell back in.... Try turning down the bass a little more maybe?
have to say i like that piano melody alot, and those sort of guitar samples are nice too. They are definitely drowned out by the bass at times though... maybe raise the piano an octave up? and the turn the filter cut off on the bass down a little? just to create a bit more space in that mid range area

I guess its a WIP but the last bit after the break goes on a bit long with out enough variation.

thanks man that bass has 3 layers to it 2 being the more low end bassy ones, maybe ill just turn them down or cut the bass out a bit. i was thinkin it might be a bit bass heavy but i love bass too much haha.
glad u like the piano man i wasnt too sure on it at first!!
I will try adding more layers to the drums, do u think the kick and snare are sounding alright tho? im not sure if the snare should be lighter ?

Yeah I will try adding some variation!!

thanks for the detailed feedback mate much appreciayed if u got a track on here ill be sure to do the same!

Nice track man, it sounds really creative !
But like 3xit says ; your drums need some more layers and there are some mixdown issues..

cheers kibon, im glad u like it, i discovered with this track i get much more satisfaction out of liquid tracks than jump up, but i think its harder to create a well polished liquid tune, lots of variation and various techniques needed!
thanks for checking!

Soundcloud said:
Oops, looks like we can't find that page!
Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
Maybe the track or user has been removed
i need to get with program it would seem lol

Back
Top Bottom