DnB Was wondering what you guys thought...

Killer stuff, nice and aggressive! Got my head bouncing.
A few things I'd have a look at: Are you doing enough side-chaining? The drums get a bit trampled by the (awesome) bass at 0:45. Also I think side-chaining everything to the kick more would really get the bass zombies jumping and create some good movement in the track.
And then a positive problem: I'd really like part from 0:45 to 1:07 be twice as long, maybe with an added element coming in the half of it. And I'd like the same part to be longer the second time it comes around with some variation or new elements introduced.
Keep it up!

bass is savage really like it i agree with @Slow Release side chaining is defo in need, i personally set up a ghost channel for side chaining too and just put a kick where ever i place a kick or snare

You need to do a lot of eq-ing there. Sounds all muddy, crumbled and kinda empty at the same time. Your drums sounding really static in some parts of the tune.
If you can fix that, this will be a massive tune!

Word bros... I really appreciate the feedback and mos def fix those things as suggested. Thank you guys!

Thanks again for all the great feedback and tips. All the positivity was a really good confidence boost to help let me know the track was worth finishing and the technical tips really helped a lot I actually invested in iZotope Neutron and managed to get this one sounding really good here is the final master:

This tune was a great learning experience and I'm taking another crack at the mix and master on it; now that my skills are more sharp. I'll post here when finished!!!

Got a couple kinda dark and chill Neurofunk sketches too if anyone wants to take a listen:

soundcloud.com/dar-ko-min/sets/washed-away-ep/s-6oaRw

dampen down the reverb on the snares on Lixiviate to make it really pop and stand out, first thing i noticed, maybe it's just me.
equo and leveling and it's crisp, you got something right there.

On Coagulate it's just level issues as far as i can hear, will give it a better listen tomorrow, maybe lower the bassline a little and let the piano be the hero ?

loving it.

Sorry to keep you in suspense lol; here is a private link:

soundcloud.com/dar-ko-min/n1ght-t3rr0rz-full-masterdemo/s-xx3lE

I left feedback,

"The Intro is nuts. Everything sounds huge for sure, but I wish the Sub and low end layers were cutting through a smidge more, it's probably my shite PC headphones. 2:12 - I wish your main Lead progressed at this point, something... some new notes or some Filter Automation, some kind of extra trickery to pump it up further. Big, Techy sound overall."

dampen down the reverb on the snares on Lixiviate to make it really pop and stand out, first thing i noticed, maybe it's just me.
equo and leveling and it's crisp, you got something right there.

On Coagulate it's just level issues as far as i can hear, will give it a better listen tomorrow, maybe lower the bassline a little and let the piano be the hero ?

loving it.

Thanks man! Yeah those tracks need some more work; basically still just sketches at this point; thanks for the tips!!! :D

I left feedback,

"The Intro is nuts. Everything sounds huge for sure, but I wish the Sub and low end layers were cutting through a smidge more, it's probably my shite PC headphones. 2:12 - I wish your main Lead progressed at this point, something... some new notes or some Filter Automation, some kind of extra trickery to pump it up further. Big, Techy sound overall."

For sure great advice some chord progression on the ARP could really make a huge difference! Kinda an old tune so I wasn't so keen on that type of thing at the time, but I think that would be a great edit now that I have a better understanding of that type of thing; while I'm working on remastering it. Thanks dude!!!

Back
Top Bottom