Was this forum ever as extreme as dogsonacid?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Claus601, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Claus601

Claus601 Custom Title

Till it fell off in 2010

2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

There was a period, known as "The Waffle Wars" where we'd hold daily raids into the General section and theyd all get there panties into a twist, posting nonsense whilst they say how good the new Ram dub was. I think the falling off point generally for forums was 2010, don't know what happened in 2010 but its been in decline ever since then, maybe youtube channels, facebook, all that.

spiderfran286 and RocksteadyUK like this.
  3. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

This forum was on fire and tbh a big part of my life for several years.

Since drum & bass died :lighter: around 2010 everyone just stopped coming here. Now its like a scene out of a western, You know the one's where you see the tumbleweed roll past. If it wasn't for Carl this place would be a ghost town. I still come here to check on the place its a habit I cant get out of but cant deny its nothing like it used to be, ironic I feel the same about the music.

RocksteadyUK and logikz like this.
  4. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I only come back so I can see what Dagz and JMZ are up to tbh.

Dagz likes this.
  5. jmzmaloney

Man I'm feeling a comeback Papa, didn't hardly post for a few years, forums are the way to go though Facebook is fucking nonsense, forums are trustworthy, thinking of doing a Compton BH mix aswell, trying to get it worked out, those Compton/West-coast things are an untapped resource of Homo-eroticism, one a quick look I came up with some real gems gunna try and work it into a mix, even the titles are hilarious

herojuana and RocksteadyUK like this.
  6. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Facebook makes me want to punch cunts on a daily basis. Tell me I'm not alone on that one.

We don't care what your food looks like, We don't care what you think, Infact just STFU.

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  7. jmzmaloney

It is a terrible, terrible place Dagz, the fucking Ads are unbearable aswell, 2 week old sports stories, "like" to save cancer, top 10 actors that hated kissing men. You base your judgement on people aswell, I don't think they realise how awful they are, full on facebook, jesus I hate people after facebook, really do

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  8. jmzmaloney

And they think theyre awesome Dagz that's the worst part, they really think thyere fucking awesome

9. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Yep greatest thing about it for me is the ho's stand out a mile, so it makes it easy to stay away from aids.

10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

We been through phases and round about 2008 this place was wild with social events, members fucking left and right, a pretty hefty drug trade, etc. But we always kept the vibe positive so as to differentiate this forum from the Internet hate machine that is DOA and dnba. As a community we were always pretty up our own arse and if you wanted in you had to eat ShIt for a while, as per usual, but not exceedingly long, in fact after some hazing the community couldn't wait to give you your gang-name and custom avatar and set you loose on the rest of the populous

These days it doesn't matter, the phases are short, the influxes of people barely noticeable, the OC few and far between, no girls left, and a hardcore group keeping the place afloat, but I think it hurts us most of all, to have known the forums former Olympian heights and even though traffic is still about the same, our community's squalor and insulation is all too evident

$pyto and RocksteadyUK like this.
  11. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

12. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

DOA might have been extreme, but they were never walrus juice extreme.
    Its the sole reason they failed. They set themselves unrealistic beverage goals and couldn't cater to their key demographic.

[​IMG]

13. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

This forum has gone massively down hill really. Its a shame. Waffle is just page after page of cringe these days :/

14. jmzmaloney

No, no, no. Theres was terrible amounts of cringe in the glory days. 15 The Voice threads about makeup, Lady Gaga, hair dye, and every time he managed to get the same group of members to go at him, he was a genius at that. The very same people calling him a nob in every thread. Plus thread after thread of Radius' alias'. Panty Inspector threads. There was an immense amount of cringe probably even more so than now

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  15. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

forum was great until jan 3rd 2008

(y)

16. jmzmaloney

Hahahahaha, how long were you banned for, I just remember threads with your name pink everywhere when I joined

17. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

im not too sure.

wasn't too long.

i went all internet warrior with a mod.. and failed :lol:

18. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

I loved this place back then. Id be checking it every few seconds just to see what shit had happened next. We were a great community. So many jokes times. We had two great forum meet ups, one that I even managed to organise but not turn up for! (I'm cool like that). But have met a far few of you guys over the years.

Dnbforum may even see its own marriage that originated from those good ol' days. Hahaha. Riisu & Boudi. <3

I don't want to bring the tone down, but since the passing of Fes it has brought back memories of those days and Fes' ban hammer was one of the most jokes things this forum ever witnessed. You never quite knew who would be the next victim. Hahaha. I love Fes for that.

Anyway. Thanks for the good times lads! It was a proper good laugh. In all honesty, I think we should all make the effort and have a get together for Fes. What do you guys reckon?

19. jmzmaloney

Hahahaha yeah totally, in that same bog aswell though, that is our spiritual home, is it still open? Theres only about 30 members now though, but I reckon if we put it on facebook people will turn up. Sort it out Rock, get a braintrust together, I'll be there

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  20. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

those who knew about the chat box. dont talk about the chat box. do we?

RocksteadyUK likes this.