warped vinyl

archive

VIP Junglist
i just got round to playing some bits that came through today, only to find that one of them was warped :(

any suggestions on how to unwarp it?

cheers

there is loads of theories of fixing this.
sadly i have never heard of anyone doing it successfully
if its new and warped that badly id sent it back to where u brought it

There are some silly theories people have of doing this, some work, some don't. Hope to see some cracking ones come in this thread haha.. But i would deffinatly get another copy of them first if possible

whenever i get a warped record i always get a roll of selotape and cut off tiny bits with a stanley knife. I then thread the little bits of selotape through the hole of the record and stick each end of the bit of selotape on each side of the record. it usualy takes about 3-4 bits of selotape but once finished you should have effectively made the hole in the vinyl a tiny bit smaller and as a result you wont have to be as gentle with your vinyl.

i normaly get good results with this method, however ive tried putting heavy stuff on top of my vinyl etc and ive never had any luck with it :(

i did it easy... laid vinyl on the kitchen table and heated with my missis hairdryer being careful to do it gradually and controlled... vinyl pretty much went flat. I then stuck the whole of my vinyl collection on top of it and left it over night.

Worked pretty well, stil was a little wonky but it was playable/mixable after that so i was chuffed!

i think this would only work for slightly warped vinyl?

set the vinyl on a flat surface and lay a piece of glass on top. put weights on corners of said glass and leave in an area where it will see the sun. works a charm

Back
Top Bottom