Warped Vinyl

DJ_Akro

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
VIP Junglist
Aint it a bitch when you order a tune, and you're just DYING to drop it down - then you get it and the fucker is warped!

you can leave the deck on and reload the track and it can spin for hours. the worst ones ive got are Hazard - Hold it and Modified Motion - Steezin' 4 No Reason. they're huge tunes, but now unplayable and just sit in my record boxes untouched :(

anyone else have this problem?

Yeah my Six million ways to die is the same. Oh and also my black doves is as well but that was self inflicted as I left it on my bed in the summer and Ive got a sky light.

try sticking them in the middle of your stack for a while, it's worked for me in the past, but i guess it depends how bad they are.

also if you notice straight away and get in touch with the place you ordered from they may excghange.

Aint it a bitch when you order a tune, and you're just DYING to drop it down - then you get it and the fucker is warped!

you can leave the deck on and reload the track and it can spin for hours. the worst ones ive got are Hazard - Hold it and Modified Motion - Steezin' 4 No Reason. they're huge tunes, but now unplayable and just sit in my record boxes untouched :(

anyone else have this problem?

mine is the same....i can still use it though just about.

i got mine from redeye i think it was, and they offered to replace it but i really couldnt be assed with sending it back....wish i had now though lol.

my voodoo ppl remix is unbelieably warped.....however, thats not really a bad thing

mine is the same....i can still use it though just about.

i got mine from redeye i think it was, and they offered to replace it but i really couldnt be assed with sending it back....wish i had now though lol.

my voodoo ppl remix is unbelieably warped.....however, thats not really a bad thing

thats funny because i did mention it, they sent me a free copies of the 4 vinyls that i ordered.... they were all warped again..

i always order from redeye i do get a lot of warped records.
i fixed that problem though. i tell them to put extra card stiffeners on the outsides of the package. now when i get my tunes they seem to be alright

I just put the record between two pieces of glass and leave in the sun or some other heat source for a little bit, then put a couple heavy books on it to keep it flat. It doesnt always work but it does work enough so its at least playable again

Bit off topic but i heard from my mates dad who used to own a record store, that if a vinyl is scratched and warped, put it boiling water for 20 seconds, then sandwich between something like glass said above and should get rid of the bends and remove scratches. worth a go on a really fucked tune, aint got anything to lose i suppose

Back
Top Bottom