warped vinyl

dj eeze

:grrrrr:basically one of my vinyl is badly warped because some stupid sod (me) left it on a tuntable in the sun any one know if there is a way to get it back to normal?

thanks for any suggestions

use an iron with a flannel over it on a low heat. it worked on my mc hammer 7" back in the day. I loved that baggy trouser wearing wanker. ya can't touch dis.:jacko::jackson::jacko::jackson:

I have never seen it done successfully tbh.
except for heating it up again and pressing it, but not too hot. You will never retrieve the sound quality though.

it sucks

could work, could work.

now where's my sheets of glass ... :teeth:

kidding, most ideas involve heat and something dead flat to press it back into shape and this is as likely to work as anything.

None of these work!! seriously! Tune just sounds all warped when you get it flat again anyway! lol. Plus re-heating it and flattening it that way wont work either, just melts the grooves flat aswell. If some of them havent melted flat already, when it warped the first time.

And the last suggestion will just snap your vinyl!!!

Unfortuantely mate that tune has gone to Vinyl Heaven and will never return! :(

Its a proper bummer mate! Best thing to do is at the first opportunity you have move your decks etc into a room with no windows.

Only thing you can do is just make sure it never happens again! lol..

Peace out!!

Last edited:
lol!!! loving that edited quote!!

:weakest:

Dont listen to me??? Try them if you want!

IT WONT WORK!!

Trust me! Ive tried!

It just makes the tune sound s**t and not worth the bother! you might aswell go out and buy the tracks again! because thats what you will end up doing after making all that effort anyway!!

:hype:

Some links.

lol.

i was on about straightening the vinyl out.....if the needle goes bak n fourth while playin,i dont think theres a cure

You are right and everybody else is wrong.

If you're looking for ass touching, wrong place.

to be fair, have you tried any of these and had them work? I have always lost sound quality even when I get it to play without skipping again.

The old "squash em" between records works fine for slightly-moderately warped records.

I haven't baked my records but a mate of mine swears by it.

The more damaged the record is, the more effort you have to put into it.

That said, there is a point by which your record is an ashtry.

The old "squash em" between records works fine for slightly-moderately warped records.

I haven't baked my records but a mate of mine swears by it.

The more damaged the record is, the more effort you have to put into it.

That said, there is a point by which your record is an ashtry.

yeah fair point, I have had the 'squash between records' trick work on mildly warped new vinyl with good results.

Back
Top Bottom