Warped Vinyl

Dilla

One of my Vinyl's (Wobble - original press) has warped slightly.....

Anyone got any tricks to straighten em out?

Cheers

Josh

I would gather the family round, have a quiet ceremony, say a few words and then prepare for it to get worse...

Sorry dude! I'm sure there will be people with rescue stories but nothing's ever worked for me.

I've always been told put it between two pieces of glass and leave it out in the sun. Not sure how reliable this is though because i havn't tried it myself.

ye ive heard that if u heat it up a bit and make sure its inbetween two heavy flat things it should help. never tried it but it does make sense

however heating up a record and bending back into shape using various methods will work... it does so by changing the shape of ur record and then hardening when it cools down.
there is no guarantee you will not change the shape of the groves on the record and as a result it will alter the sound.

just live with it, if it still plays its fine.
I've got a fair few that ride the platter like a ferry crossing the english channel, looks weird but give a shit

iv tried the 2 pieces of glass method. doesnt work. made the vinyl worse.
like someone else said, if it doesnt cause the needle to skip or jump then ignore it.

Put it on top of something flat, like a big, hardback book, then pile lots of other heavy books on top of it (phonebooks and the like). Leave it somewhere nice and warm, like on a windowsill that gets lots of sunlight, for about a week. Though it won't flatten it out completely, it should make it much better.

Back
Top Bottom