WANTED - A DJ To Have a Go At A Mix Containing Only Animals In Tune Names

Tracklist
Phace & Rockwell - Rat Race - RAT
Calyx & Teebee - Scavenger - BEE (not sure about this one, but it was listed and didnt get shot down :) )
Command Strange - Hyperbug - BUG
Enei - Elephants - ELEPHANTS
Icicle - Alien Groove - ALIEN I believe man, I believe, therefore they figure in my list of animals out in the aether
Octane & DLR - The Walrus - WALRUS
Kodo - The Jackal(dBridge remix) - JACKAL
Octane & DLR - Giddy Kipper - KIPPER
Hibea - White Owl (Fade Remix) - OWL
Smith & Mighty - Bass Speaker(DJ Krust Mix) - BASS

^^^ Nice man!

Doesn't mess around, getting straight in there with the hectic Rat Race. First animal reference that comes up for Scavenger when I searched it was a beetle, was a bit dubious, but the mix was good with Rat Race. The bass of Hyperbug works very well with the synth bits of Scavenger. The steppy stomp of Elephants blended nicely with the more dj friendly Hyperbug.... + the same with Alien, keeping that bounced step going. The Walrus - The Jackal rmx sounded crisp, and was expecting the original Jackal to come in, so that was a pleasant surprise and the first members mix I have heard that rmx in :) Giddy Kipper contrasted the bass growl in The Jackal rmx a treat. A fair bit going on in that blend, which was wicked. Not heard White Owl rmx before, which brought some slightly oldschool throwback vibes to proceedings, with the steppy drums and wobble of Giddy Kipper poking through occasionally. The additional drums & jazz trumpets that Bass Speaker rmx brought to White Owl again contrasted the penultimate tune, and I enjoyed the direction the last 2 tunes took the mix, before Bass Speaker rmx's dirty bass rolls out on its own filthy red carpet.

A wicked little ride Tewky & glad someone excepted the challenge! I think you have set the bar & have definitely made me think about having a go at getting something together. A nice (fairly) wide selection of tunes in the 10 that you put in there, with some interesting blends. Liked how it turned out. Cuts sharpish at the end though. Oh, and I like the pic you have put on your soundcloud page for the Animal mix too

Took me a second to realize what you meant then, good stuff, get it uploaded

Yeh, took me a second to see the reference in the last tune too. Subtle connection

Last edited:
That was quick, thanking you!

I definitly tried to get the tracklist to flow, going form hard to a bit deep, and morphing into a more jungley/older sound near the end, once I had sorted them into those areas the mix came together nice and quickly after that.

A fun thing to do, props for the inspriation! Thanks once again!

Back
Top Bottom