Want to start a dnb night

DJExplicit

Me and a few mates want to start a dnb night, if it goes well and we like the venue etc. then will probably try and do it once a month.

I just have a few questions though, and id appreciate it if anyone could answer them

-What kind of PA system will i need for a crowd of 150/200 people?
(How much speaker power will i need)

-Is it important to have a sound engineer?

-I know its hard to say because it all depends on venue/location but roughly how much would it cost to rent a venue in london?
big enough for aroud 150/200 people

And if youve ever setup your own night/helped set one up, what kind of experience did you have? what do you wish you had done better (like getting better speakers/selling tickets at a cheaper or more expensive price etc.)

Any help is appreciated.

Me and a few mates want to start a dnb night, if it goes well and we like the venue etc. then will probably try and do it once a month.

I just have a few questions though, and id appreciate it if anyone could answer them

-What kind of PA system will i need for a crowd of 150/200 people?
(How much speaker power will i need)

-Is it important to have a sound engineer?

-I know its hard to say because it all depends on venue/location but roughly how much would it cost to rent a venue in london?
big enough for aroud 150/200 people

And if youve ever setup your own night/helped set one up, what kind of experience did you have? what do you wish you had done better (like getting better speakers/selling tickets at a cheaper or more expensive price etc.)

Any help is appreciated.

I done this thread a little while ago bro.... will help you out.... http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=61419

One condition... you have to book The Mutant DJs to come down and tear it up!! haha..

I run a few nights at the moment. Most clubs you wont need to get another sound system in... but... there are a few. for 150/200 capacity i doubt you will need anything bigger than 500/1000 watt....
Good luck with it mate.

**EDIT** oh.. and yes it is pretty important to have a sound engineer. Most clubs dont have the equipment to have a sound engineer... especially with a club that only holds 150/200 people.... so dont worry about that mate.... just make sure you venture out into the dancefloor during the night to make sure its sounding crisp...

How much would you expect to pay a booking fee for a top dj and mc? Wouldn't mind doing a night showcasing local talent but also getting a top name dj and mc on the line-up to pull the punters in. I'm not liking the events my local promoters are putting on!

How much would you expect to pay a booking fee for a top dj and mc? Wouldn't mind doing a night showcasing local talent but also getting a top name dj and mc on the line-up to pull the punters in. I'm not liking the events my local promoters are putting on!

it all depends on location/size of rave/date/set time etc etc....

but anywhere between £300-£1000

:lol: I wouldn't pay that much for them idiots! So what am I looking at to book randall? £300 and how much for an mc maybe eskman or ic3

thanks everyone for the help, and if anyone is intrested in djing its gonna be in london somewhere (hopefully if i find a good venue) ust pm me and ill get back to you when i got more info about whats happening.

Back
Top Bottom