Want to invest in a third turntable but am not sure what to get or what to do

Sweaty Teddy

Nob'ed
VIP Junglist
I'm sure there have been some simmilar threads to this but I did a search and couldn't really find anything that helped so here we go...

Currently I have got a pair of Stanton T.80's and some shitty Numark mixer. The set up has served me well these past three years, I learnt to mix on it and they are the only turntables I have ever mixed on but I now feel that I am ready to get a third deck and I know that the T.80's aren't exactly the best turntables out there so I don't really want to get another one of them so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to sell my current set up but what do I get next?

I have been looking at Technics (obviously) as everyone bangs on about them but I can't help but think that surely after nearly 40 years someone has come up with something better or at least equal to them and maybe slightly cheaper?
After a quick browse of the net I worked out that three 1210's are going to cost me abut £700+ and considering I'll have to get a a new mixer as well (old ones only 2 channel) thats going to cost a lot of money that I don't have so if there are any good alternatives available please let me know.

I'm sure there have been some simmilar threads to this but I did a search and couldn't really find anything that helped so here we go...

Currently I have got a pair of Stanton T.80's and some shitty Numark mixer. The set up has served me well these past three years, I learnt to mix on it and they are the only turntables I have ever mixed on but I now feel that I am ready to get a third deck and I know that the T.80's aren't exactly the best turntables out there so I don't really want to get another one of them so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to sell my current set up but what do I get next?

I have been looking at Technics (obviously) as everyone bangs on about them but I can't help but think that surely after nearly 40 years someone has come up with something better or at least equal to them and maybe slightly cheaper?
After a quick browse of the net I worked out that three 1210's are going to cost me abut £700+ and considering I'll have to get a a new mixer as well (old ones only 2 channel) thats going to cost a lot of money that I don't have so if there are any good alternatives available please let me know.

Sure the 1210mk2's are old, but theres a reason why people still want them.

If you want something newer, look into the 1210mk5g's.

..three 1210's are going to cost me abut £700+...

I managed to get a 1200 mk2, in pretty good condition and working perfectly with a new cartridge, plus a banged up 1210 mk 2 and crate of hip-hop for about £120 on Gumtree. Just do a bit of searching around and hope the seller doesn't know their true value! :D

Yeah gumtree's a gold mine. Bought my first pair of decks (numark 1520's) off gumtree, got a pair plus a crate of techno for £90.

gumtree is indeed a goldmine.

Wouldn't ebay for 2nd hand turntables...more likely to get a bent tonearm or a pitch that needs replacing. Something thats happened to a couple of mates.

Paid 200 nicker for two 1210's and a mixer way back...so the deals are out there...cash converters round near us always have decks in the windows for around £300-£350

Best advice, go buy some MK5 G's. You can mix between genres much easier being able to increase the pitch beyond 10%.
Im just about to buy a "newer" pair of 1210's. Agreed £450 as they are possibly the most well looked after Mk2's i've ever mixed on.

So I'd generally be looking for offers on one of my decks.
They aint mint by no means, but listen to a couple of mixes, and you'll see they are tight, pitch and tonearms both replaced recently.

Inbox me or something.

Best alternative to a Technic Turntable is probably the Stanton ST150's but they're probably going to set you back just as much as a second hand 1210

ive bought 3 1200s/1210s over the years for less than 400 altogether including delivery...no problems at all, only issue is that the pitches dont all match up but it has no affect on my mixing at all...

Quite surpised no one have recommended some vestax pdx series. think its the 200's or 2300's they were my first decks i bought and they were wicked. took a while to get used to but they are pretty solid and cheap

Quite surpised no one have recommended some vestax pdx series. think its the 200's or 2300's they were my first decks i bought and they were wicked. took a while to get used to but they are pretty solid and cheap

was just about to say the pdx2000s are solid as fook, what I first played on.

I imagine the 3000s are better, but the 2000s are still top quality, would be happy mixing on them all the time.

imo the best thing with 1210s is that they are everywhere, don't have to get used to an under/overtorqued deck whilst playing out. worth considering if you want to play out ever

Back
Top Bottom